Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tough Mudder.
  • lotto
    Free Member

As a soloist. Any experiences,positive or negative? Looks like a reasonable challenge to aim for.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

If that’s the 10k run , 20k ride , 3k run on the old Mountain Mayhem course, then you will get wet. I watched (!) the 10k mud runner there in the summer, and it included a couple of swims – could be interesting in February.

I suspect the ride part could involve some hub deep sections of water/mud too.

Queues tended to build up a choke points, so there was plenty of chances for a breather behind the elite group.

zilog6128

Did it last year, but not solo. However it was a great laugh and there was a real sense of camaraderie even amongst complete strangers. There was always someone there willing to give you a hand if required.

In fact you should have no problem latching onto a team right from the off if you wished, we saw plenty of solo-ers doing that.

edit: assuming you are talking about the 12-ish mile obstacle run, not the duathlon or whatever as mentioned above?

AlexSimon

I thought it was de rigeur to drag someone along with you lotto!
    Preferably someone who thinks the whole thing sounds insane.

superfli
    Free Member

Great fun, did it last year and really wanted to do it this year (entering early with discount), but unfortunately my running buddies cant do it.
    Didnt want to go alone as its more of a team event, although everyone will help you out – you could probably tag along with others.

The only event I didnt “enjoy” was the electric eel. fk me that hurts. Its like being hit in the head very hard with each shock (did me about 5 times). Final elec wasnt so bad. The ice water was a shock, but didnt hurt (and was pleasant running after)
    Heres my vids:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tough%20mudder%20david%20goulson&sm=3

vintagewino
    Free Member

it’s good fun and I have signed up again for this year (Scotland one) but definitely try and get onto a team. I didn’t get electrocuted last year so I guess I’m going to cop it this time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tough Mudder.’ is closed to new replies.