Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • tough love (with you kids).
  • ton

got a situation with my 16 yr old daughter, it requires some good old fashioned tough love.

would you stick to your guns or give in the her tears?

tomasis
    Free Member

use your feminine side. thatd work.

loddrik
    Free Member

This is the bike forum so I’m going out on a limb and suggesting she still uses stabilisers and your putting pressure on her to ride without them….?

Dark-Side

I think its more likely to be a helmet based issue.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

650b will never make any trail come alive. Just give her a hug.

ton

😆

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Stick to your guns. When they truly grow up, they’ll thank you for it. The bit in between will be tough though.

yorlin
    Free Member

Does she want to date a boy with a 29 incher?

njee20
    Free Member

Life in the forces not what she expected? Give her a bit longer, she’ll change her mind. reckon she’d regret quitting now.

ton

njee, that is it mate
    been on the phone crying every night, I know she will regret it, but trying to convince her is another thing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is her first time away from home so it will be tough.
    only you know her to be able to judge /guess whether it will pass or whether the army /leaving home is not for her [ yet].
    Perhaps pick a time – stick it out till xmas and decide then type thing?

Dark-Side

It must be difficult Ton, I’m the softy in my house and both my 5 year old and 7 month old daughters have me wrapped well and truly around their little fingers. Can’t imagine what it will be like in 10 years time with bigger issues to deal with than whether they can watch one more episode of Dora the Explorer.

rab5474
    Free Member

If she is in harrogate mate i was an instructor there not too long ago and i was also a junior soldier there at the age of 16, and i tried to leave a few times but my parents kept me at it, not because it was what they wanted but they knew it was what i wanted ( even tho i was having doubts). And i am extremely glad they did, but on the other side whilst i was a cpl there i did realise that there are some just not suited to the army. If she has just returned to the college after her first leave period, this is normally the time we had the most recruits attempt to leave due to home sickness, if you need anymore help feel free to pm me or my email is in profile.

Rob

richpips
    Free Member

Tricky one, but I’d say she’s not a kid now.

igm

Tony, forces ain’t for everyone – it definitely wouldn’t have been for me (I’m descended from medics, soup kitchen drivers and miners – people who did their bit but objected to shooting at other people – also I can’t follow orders). It might be for her but she needs to find her own way. Don’t encourage, but don’t give her an easy out either. Not easy but I suspect you already know that’s what you have to do.

Edit: actually I think I’m repeating the Rob’s comment but from the other side.

Bregante

Tony, I’m guessing that she’s finding the first 6 weeks tough. They all do to a certain extent. Stick to your guns and she’ll thank you when she comes home mate.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

richpips – Member
    Tricky one, but I’d say she’s not a kid now.

Always your kids mate…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘tough love (with you kids).’ is closed to new replies.