Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tough, hard wearing cx rubber….. Continental Cyclo X King?
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I mainly use my CX for commuting.

I’m changing from Kenda Small Block 8’s, altough I liked them, they were not hard wearing.

I was about to hit the button on a pair of Continental Cyclo X King tyres, but wanted to know if I should look elsewhere?

Budget around £20 per tyre.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

oliverracing

My housemate has killed his rear Cyclo X king in about 5 months of 15-20km per week, so probably not what you’re looking for.

I would go for the Vittoria XG – After about 18 months of commuting (about 10km per day) and riding 30-40km about once a week the rear is starting to look a bit worn, front still has plenty of life (and come CX season I will put it on the back and I’ll stick a new one on the front)

jonba
    Free Member

Something less knobbly so they don’t wear down.

Semi slicks? The conti ones are good (cyclocross speed) Been good for me for hundreds of miles (maybe even thousands?)

Planet X uncle johns are a poor man’s SB8.

Buy three tyres or cheaper ones for the back as they always wear down quicker.

johnnystorm

On-One gravel road, just checked strava and I’ve had nearly 2000 miles out of them. Mostly commuting but also a number of 80+ mile rides. Grippier, comfier and faster rolling than the Vittorias I’ve had before (xg? And some randonneur slick jobs).

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Semi slicks? The conti ones are good (cyclocross speed)

Agreed & ordered them.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tough, hard wearing cx rubber….. Continental Cyclo X King?’ is closed to new replies.