Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • totems or fox 36?
  • flyingsquirrel
    Free Member

Hey folks, almost finished building up my 07 patriot, only thing holding the build up now is the forks… I intend use it for downhill and freeride and have found myself torn between the totem coil and the 36 van.

What should I do? Cheers for reading.

jam-bo

Very different forks. Totems are ace but lyrics are a better comparison to the 36.

0pt1cal
    Free Member

If its for freeride / DH then Vanilla 36's are great…Totems coils are amazing.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yeah big difference really not least because there is 20mm difference intravel between them. How about considering the new lyrik dh? It has 170mm travel and includes the new damping cartridge from the current boxxer. Weighs more or less the same as the lyrik but will perform more like a dh fork.

flyingsquirrel
    Free Member

The new Lyriks do sound great but I am on a £500 budget really (09 totems + 36's around £500), I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons- leight weight and reliability of the fox v's burlyness and travel of the totem…

geetee1972
    Free Member

OK so then two questions should help you decide.

First, can the patriot handle the Totems in terms of travel and geometry? Second, if they can, are you fussed about the all in weight of the bike?

If the bike can handle a fork with A2C of 565mm and you're not worried about weight get the Totems. If not get the Fox 36s.

toons
    Free Member

Totems for DH and freeride

more travel = more fun 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

I'd go for the Totem myself. Only ridden a Patriot with a Domain (180mm), but that was on a DH track and I wouldn't have wanted anyhing shorter.

Think the Totem is a smidge longer than the Domain actually, which would be even better.

flyingsquirrel
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘totems or fox 36?’ is closed to new replies.