Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • totally clueless – please help!
  • robsoctane
    Free Member

hi all,

where can I send my bike & say ‘fix this please’ & then get an OK!

My Scott Octane needs love & I can’t help her… main bearings are ****, bushings too… the back end wiggles like a fish & I know riding any more will kill her forever.

I did try some LBS’s in Newcastle but they might as well have said ‘not interested’.

I will post it if I have to but where to? Who will take on a job like this & just say ‘there you go, sorted – that’s £XXX, thanks’?

please help!!!

Thanks in advance.

VanMan
    Free Member

I guess you have already tried Edinburgh Bike. Their service page mentions bearing service. Could always give this lot a call, no experience of them though, just came across them while googling.

DrT
    Free Member

Search for Kaesae of these parts. He should be able to sort you out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pottsathome
    Free Member

anderson bikes in dumfries young ross is helpful and if you sent him the bike he would give you a price to do it before he starts it

uplink
    Free Member

Have you tried KB Cycles in Newcastle? – they’re Scott dealers too

http://www.kbcycles.com/

robsoctane
    Free Member

@ uplink, thanks for that but they were the prime culprits. ‘we’re not a Fox dealer’

‘tell me the right size to buy please & I’ll go get them, can you put them in’?

‘NO’ KB Cycles.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I will call the above.

robsoctane
    Free Member

also, what’s the crack with Kaesae? comments removed, dissed by some… what’s the crack?

seanodav
    Free Member

Rob you mention fox, is it just the bushes in your shock mount thats worn?

jonb
    Free Member

Which one’s did you try?

For spannering and hope stuff I go to the bike place in Cowgate. Used them a few times and they’re good.

M steels have been ok in the past too but more expensive IME.

seanodav
    Free Member

If its all swingarm bearings etc evans in metrocentre are scott dealers im sure they could help. As jonb mentions they’re good also.
    If its only the shock mount bush do it yourself, easy job!

steffybhoy
    Free Member

go to Kaesae like him or loathe him, he’ll fix it.

bland

get yourself a hammer and ave a bash yourself, if it doesnt come out hit it harder.

Im sure you would rather belt shit out of your own frame than let some spotty “mechanic” do it for you.

Seriously its not a difficult job, you just need to hit it harder and harder till it comes out!

robsoctane
    Free Member

@jonb, cheers mate, just looked up the bike place & they look ideal. Hope dealer too, what joy – half my bike is Hope!

@steffybhoy, what’s everyone going on about though, why loathe him at all, please enlighten me!

thanks to everyone, this is the best place for advice I’ve ever known!! much love…

kaesae
    Free Member

I will be happy to sort that frame out if you don’t have any luck elsewhere 😀

LenBuch
    Free Member

John Swan at Hexham Bike Shop always pleased to help.
    Always had a good job done and they dont mind if you didn’t get the bike there. Fox dealer too.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

what’s everyone going on about though, why loathe him at all, please enlighten me!

Many moons ago on STW, he was known to be a bit stroppy, but to be fair he was just sticking up for himself IMO.
    These days he’s pretty much THE man who knows about bearings and refurbing frames.
    He’s a good chap. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘totally clueless – please help!’ is closed to new replies.