Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Torridon route recommendations
  • chay
    Free Member

Coming upto to skye in Sept for 2 days riding, thinking of riding the quiraing one day then a route in torridon, any recommendations? Thanks. And where would you recommend staying, somewhere in between, thanks for the advice.

Chay

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

First up, I wouldn’t recommend those two routes in one trip. Quiraing is very, very short, and is a fair old drive from torridon. Don’t underestimate driving time in the highlands.

Google househusbands torridon route, that’s the best route there IMO, if you really wanna ride torridon.

chay
    Free Member

Yeah had a look and there is good 2 hours between them. If you had two days riding oin that area what would you choose. We are up from Manchester for a long weekend. Cheers for your help.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What Nobeer said. I’d do either Skye OR Torridon. Do the Quiraing then Sligachan, Or got to Torridon & do the Lollipop etc.

If you had two days riding oin that area what would you choose.

Probably Torridon.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As EGF says, do torridon lollipop, and I’d suggest somewhere off the A9 to break up the journey home. Cairngorms or maybe even Laggan.

singletracksurfer

I did Sligachan after Torridon but found it sooo boring compared. Torridon was ace but we just couldn’t get excited about Sligachan, apart from the stunning surroundings, and it was also so much busier.

Perhaps do Torridon (lollipop) and Ben Damph the other day (which is nice but easier).

tomd
    Free Member

The Quiraing is all about the scenery, the riding is mostly incidental IMO. There are some nice bits of track but nothing that links together all that well.

If you only have two days I would recommend either going to Skye or going to Torridon.

The scenery and geology is quite varied in both areas so two rides quite close together will feel totally different. more riding, less driving.

If you go to Skye, you could do Sligachan for a rock fest type ride or Durnish peninsula if you want epic views and an all day ride. Then do the Quiraing just for the views.

Torridon, something like the big lollipop ride thing mentioned above one day and Ben Damph circuit the next would be brilliant.

eddie11
    Free Member

Lollipop and Ben damph +3

Last one is good for a morning before the drive home

lowey

Lollipop and Tour of Liathach for the second day would be my choice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Torridon route recommendations’ is closed to new replies.