Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Torrid CX Ride, can you get tubeless tyres that work ok for commuting too?
  • acjim
    Free Member

I had a decent ride planned today, about 50-50 road & off. I had some large (40cc) tyres setup and hopes for a great day out… I called it a day after 6 punctures, all from thorns. On my MTB i just don’t get these at all anymore – JINX – mainly due to the tubeless sealant.

I use this bike for commuting (mainly) and cx rides (occasionally!) and even cx races (even more occasionally!!).

So can i get a tubeless tyre that will do for all? I’m not expecting amazing grip and low rolling resistance but something that will do for each use? Or should I just get one set of road and offroad tyres?

Anyone used the Schwalbe G-One?

ta

simondbarnes

I happily leave Spesh Terra Pro 2bliss on my cross bike all year. Race them somewhere around 23-26psi, pump them up to about 40psi for mix of local trails, road, canal.

acjim
    Free Member

how are they on the road? do they have that cx “wobble” round corners?

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s low pressure that cause wobbles on tarmac, not the tyres

simondbarnes

They don’t bother me at all on tarmac. Sure, it’s not like cornering with sticky 23mm race tyres but they go around just fine.

If you want something less knobbly then maybe look at the Spesh Tracer.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Vittoria cross xg TNT were pretty bombproof in my experience as have been WTB tubeless CX tyres.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Torrid CX Ride, can you get tubeless tyres that work ok for commuting too?’ is closed to new replies.