Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Torque Wrenches?? What's good and 'resaonably priced'?
  • anto164
    Free Member

So i’m looking for a torque wrench. After stripping my cranks of the granny ring thread in two of the bolt holes, i’ve decided that it’s best to start torquing everything to the proper settings.

I’ve looked on CRC, and the one linked below looks spot on (And about what i want to spend)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=37294

Anyone got any suggestions on wrenches, and what’s good out there? I’m looking at the nicer side of £100,ideally with the hex keys and a T25 also (I’d love a snapon, but at £200, there’s no way i can afford one).

resisted
    Free Member

I seem to remember both PRO and Topeak doing a good range of digital torque wrenches circa £90

wwaswas

the Park ‘scale and pointer’ ones seem pretty good.

phil.w
    Free Member

I’m looking at the nicer side of £100

Look in machine mart and you’ll get one for the nicer side of £50. It may not come with the bits but they wont cost you much extra.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve bought on of THESE from Winstanleys and I’m very impressed with it. I have an expensive Snap on Digital one and the Giant one reads impressively close to the calibrated Snap on one..

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got the same one as Geordie but BBB branded instead of Giant. It’s the same thing. Cost about £50 and works fine.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Giant one here too. Bought from here.

Worth phoning before to check availability. Arrived next day before 10am.

spock
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Park Tool Beam style ones, one for 0-7nm and another for the rest.

Cost me about £30 a piece, great quality.

phil.w
    Free Member

damitamit – that’s the same as what I have from Machine Mart. Goes down to 5Nm so perfect for a bike and has the calibration certificate in the box.

daveb
    Free Member

Have been looking at getting one of these, the Giant one looks pretty good in that Cyclestore link.

rootes1

buy a wrench from Snap-on, Facom, Britool etc from a proper tool shop

keppoch

Yes and spend a lot of money. I think the point here is something that is more accurate than your hand but doesn’t cost a prohibitive amount for a tool that won’t be used all that often.

I have been pondering a reasonably priced one for some time now.

From those above the Giant and Screwfix ones look good. Suspect the screwfix one may work out as much as the Giant once the bits are purchased.

bigjim

x tools one seems grand to me

uplink
    Free Member

A Norbar SL1 has a great [bike friendly] range – if you’re not bothered about the larger stuff the SL0 is even better

andyha
    Free Member

[/url]

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Torque Wrenches?? What's good and 'resaonably priced'?’ is closed to new replies.