Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Torq In Your Sleep – Anyone Doing It?
  • wisepranker
    Free Member

Is anyone doing the Gorrick Torq in your sleep this year?

Anyone done it before and got any advice for it? I’m doing it for the first time this year and it’ll be my first 12h race so I’ve no idea what to expect.

I’m just aiming to complete the 12 hours and not come last. Any better is a bonus 😆

tony24
    Free Member

I am doing 12 hour solo with 2 other people . Hopefully weather stays half decent. Don’t want another 24/12 riding through 2 feet of mud

collostomy
    Free Member

Doing this as a pair and also hoping for better weather than MM. Fingers crossed

Dyffers
    Free Member

Lots of threads appearing about this.

I’m yet to sign up, mostly due to team infighting! I’ve not ridden the course before, but if I end up doing it solo I’ll probably chuck my rigid SS in the car along with the geared bike just because this is the year of the anti-allweather course. 🙄

sam_underhill

Team Possum Power will be there as a mixed 4. Hoping for a better result than our miserable effort at TwentyFour12. Conditions can’t possibly be that bad again can they?

Straightliner

Great course, not particularly hilly although there are always one or two steep sections to make the legs burn a little.

The terrain drains incredibly well, so even if it’s wet you won’t be riding in loads of mud. It’s not particularly rooty either, so again rain dosn’t spoil the fun too much.

Laps have been about 8-9 miles in length in the past, with most years having had a little more singletrack added or improved upon.

Soloists can use a dedicated pit area near the start.

boltonjon

Signed up for the 2 man event – looking forward to it

The course is currently riding really well, but i’m not sure how much the organisers will change it from last year

The Trolls have done a great job repairing Spongbob – fair play to them!

Lest
    Free Member

Anyone got a Solo spot going, bung me a mail les.taylor833@ntlworld.com
    Cheers!

crush83
    Free Member

Was thinking of doing this as part of the RAF team but cant now due to work 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Don’t forget that there’s no water available on site (apart from showers) so take all your drinking/cooking/bike washing water yourself 🙂

wisepranker
    Free Member

For anyone that knows the area, as it looks like being a wet weekend is it worth using mud tyres or does it not get that bad?

pete68
    Free Member

Bone dry at the moment. Even some rain at the weekend won’t make it that bad. I’ll be keeping summer types on regardless. Certainly won’t need mud tyres. It was wetter than this last year and the course was rideable on Maaxis aspens no problem. Really looking forward to it as it was one of the best events i did last year.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

If anyone knows of a solo entry going or even have an empty spot on a team then please let me know via e-mail, missed the deadline and would be first torq 12:12 I havent been at

Muke
    Free Member

May pop along for a Surrey Air Ambo Charity lap with the boy.

frogstomp

Yup, having a go in the mixed pairs category.. rain forecast for tomorrow but then clearing for Sunday so hoping for good conditions.. as some have mentioned, surely it can’t be any worse than MM!?

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Even if it rains throughout it will remain rideable

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Torq In Your Sleep – Anyone Doing It?’ is closed to new replies.