Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Topping up stans
  • doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

How do you do it?

I removed the valve core and used one of those nozzles you get on a tube of silicon sealant. It worked as a funnel but it wasn’t perfect. Just wondering what people use to avoid spillage.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On combo’s that work just pop the tyre off and add some more. Before that just the same way with the small stans bottle.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

I use the injector tube for filling. But don’t top up generally, normally take out the old as it starts going many by the time I need to replace

kerley
    Free Member

I use a big syringe (99p from eBay) and squirt into the valve after removing the core.

oldnpastit

What Kerley said.

But I have also heard of people using a hypodermic syringe, needle and all. Inject through the sidewall and let the Stan’s seal up the hole afterwards.

jekkyl

Yup brake bleed syringe here and a small piece of rubber tubing.

Klunk
    Free Member

brake bleed syringe

Yak

Pop a bit of the tyre off. Then I can check the actual amount of stans and remove any stans monsters that may be lurking in there.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Thanks for the input I think I’ll source a syringe.

pembo6
    Free Member

If you put the new stans in via the valve (as opposed to popping off the tyre bead), make sure the valve is about 45 degrees from the bottom. Don’t pour in the sealant with the valve at the very bottom, or it can clog up the valve. Trust me, the 45 degree angle does make a difference.

Dogsby

Hi Guys,

What diameter of tube do you use to connect to the valve?

Cheers

Dogsby

jamcorse

One of those 50cl make up bottles from muji. Take it with me everywhere and perfect for a top up. After a few top ups, you hear the tyre squeaking. It’s the stanimal trying to get out. Release it and start again.

maxtorque

Let the tyre right down, then use your fingers to compress the tyre a bit (without pooping the beeds off the rim). Now, the elasticity of the tyre pulls a small vacuum in the tyre, helping pull the Stans in via the tube/funnel etc

maxtorque

Remember, a Stanimal isn’t just for Christmas…..

scotroutes

I use one of these, through the valve

It’s a good fit – almost like it was designed for the job.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Topping up stans’ is closed to new replies.