Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Top tips from STW.
  • Harry_the_Spider

What is the best nugget of information that you have got from the forum?

Mine.

1) Clean your brakes with washing powder.
    2) GT85 on the frame to make it look lovely.

ton

fit some mud tyres for a certain event…………… 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

Flame resistant for the next one.

johnners
    Free Member

Harry, you’ve got your 2 tips the wrong way round. You need another:

3) If you must spray GT85 all over your frame to “make it look lovely” make sure you don’t get it on your brake disks.

Harry_the_Spider

I know. I thought that after I typed it!

I should have said that the GT85 was applied with a rag and only to the frame… and in this case to a different bike.

takisawa2

Avoid advice on STW.
    Thats my advice…!

[Applies mainly to marital/sexual issues.]

crazy-legs

What is the best nugget of information that you have got from the forum?

That planes will take off from treadmills just as well as from normal runways! 😉

My coat? Why thank you.

jam-bo

rigid singlespeeds are the fastest means of transport on the planet.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

rigid singlespeeds are the fastest means of transport on the planet.

don’t you mean rigid titanium singlespeeds with freak wheels are the fastest means of transport on the planet!

(i own a rigid ss before anyone starts) 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

Well heres a tip.

Cyclo cassette removal tools WILL NOT tighten up a rear centerlock lock ring on a DT swiss X1800 wheel. (the hole in the tool is not deep/wide enough to take all the axle nut) its works fine on the front
    Grrrrr… just found this out

zokes
    Free Member

That also applies for XT centrelock hubs too :-9

dobo
    Free Member

on the positive side, ust NN & RR seal up well easy on these rims, all you need to do is just tape up the spoke holes, no ghetto tube required

yea thanks zokes and whilst were at it with XT centerlock discs, the ones with the alloy center, they foul on hayes carbon disc pad ‘insertion tab’ so you have to chop it off which makes it harder to get your pads in and out.

BillMC

On losing my Whyte Preston in a garage robbery I was advised on here to get up to Sideways and buy one of his Maverick bikes. I’m happy as Larry ever since.

antigee

photograph your new bike leaning against a signpost in the middle of nowhere unless you can get a pic’ on/at the winner of the chelsea flower show

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How to build LED lights

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

don’t grease DU shock bushes

simonralli2
    Free Member

How to change my tyres

twinklydave

my valves and tyre logos never used to be lined up properly

Reluctant
    Free Member

As a complete techno f***wit, some one finally explained, in plain English, how to upload photos to the site. I can’t remember who it was, but I’m very grateful! 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve learned that ‘mountain bikers’ don’t see themselves as cyclists, that wearing lycra somehow equates to sex with men, that bikes made in sheds are far better than bikes made in factories, that bunny hops cannot be done without flat pedals, that single speed bikes are faster than any other form of two wheeled transport, that an inch of polystyrene will always save your life, that it is essential to change your tyres between the seasons or you will die, that the ability to run tubeless tyres at 20 psi is actually an advantage, that trail centre riding is as nothing when compared to the actual wilderness riding so common on this isle, and assorted other rubbish.

Oh, I liked the one about ziptying your brake levers overnight. 😈

robhughes
    Free Member

still can,t work out how to put them on.help please

scaredypants

I’ve learnt to MTFU – a panacea for all the ills that may befall a man in his life

zaskar
    Free Member

To ride more and post less of this forum.

And everyone has an opinion no matter how crazy they seem to be and also you will get ripped apart.

I learned to post only on bike chat!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Top tips from STW.’ is closed to new replies.