Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Top three most nuts things on an MTB
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

My top three would be:

The guy who rides a single speed FIXED WHEEL around the Welsh trail centres.

ANY of tandem mountain bikers (I’ve seen a few and you wouldn’t get me on one for all the tea in China).

Joint third would be DH unicycling and the guy on a DMR trailstar that beat loads of pretty good full suss riders at Mynydd Du last year.

If some one has seen a 29″ fixed wheeled, single speed tandem, that would probably win.

epicyclo

Ah well, my drum braked ancient single speed wouldn’t beat that lot.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

getting someone to hold the gate at the top of the beast open while you attempt to take the first straight at speed to test the theory that going faster is easier.

I have never been so close to shitting myself (appart from riding down winnats on the road bike, in the dark, with no lights).

I wouldn’t say it was hard, just let the bike do its thing, but was a very fine line between making it into the first corner and going ver the bars into a messy bloody and broken pile on the rocks.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yeah I had a similar experience on the beast when I challenged a guy on a motocross bike to a race down it 😀

I have no **** idea how I stayed on the bike and almost lost it going through the gate. After that I just stopped worrying and became a passenger.

By the way I won. I think a bike will always be faster downhill as we’re just so much more manoeuvrable

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Simmons step down in NWD 3.

Bender’s 6 attempts on the Jah drop.

Vanderham’s no hander on the 60ft chasm at the ’08 rampage.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Well I sort of meant things that you’d seen yourself for real, but yeah mrmo, I guess those two would certainly qualify as among the most nuts things to have been attempted.

djglover
    Free Member

I saw a couple on a tandem a few years ago almost complete McMoab at Kirroughtree. That was impressive.

nickc

I followed “Mr Nichetastic” a couple of months back on a trip to Afan like the above, he looked TBH to be pretty fit, powering up the climbs, just a couple of “techinal dabs” on White’s, but…He was glacially slow on the descents which are, lets face it, the whole point of the built tracks, and wouldn’t pull over…

ton

this boy is the best, ever end of.

0range5

Air on a tandem? Only seen it once on a DVD!

singlespeedstu

This seems kind of cool to me.

I think we need to practise A LOT on our new tandem.

jedi

wtf??
    why the car??its not like they are jumping over it

singlespeedstu

Maybe its a new roof rack design…. 😛

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

0range5 – Member

Air on a tandem? Only seen it once on a DVD! “

There are better tandem riders out there than us – but this gives me an excuse to post this pic again! I am not claiming big air – but that is a gap under both wheels.

geoffj

Blurry photo, but Mrs TJ seems to have the bigger smile on her face! Good effort.

jedi

hopefully tj we’ll get to do our thing soon as i get a job/money to come to jockworld 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, dat shizzle is da bomb! That is so totally sick, props dood!
    😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We woz stoked

tandemwarriors

singlespeedstu, what tandem did you go for?

Orange5, here’s another airborne tandem….

Rob

samuri
    Free Member

What if it’s a single speed fixed wheel cross bike?

Merak

tandemwarriors – Member

Orange5, here’s another airborne tandem….

Rob

Fail. Thats never getting airborne with tubbs on the back.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

tandemwarriors – Member

here’s another airborne tandem….

Um…..I hat to break it to you but that tandem is anything but airborne, and something tells me it’s not gonna be either.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Ton, your right, I have never seen stuff that scares me that much, respect 🙂

jedi

i hope you guys know the person at the back of that tandem to be slating them like that

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    tandemwarriors

i hope you guys know the person at the back of that tandem to be slating them like that

Thanks for that Jedi. No they don’t, and I think it’s a bit of a cheap shot at a fellow rider. Who said you have to be a size 10 to enjoy mountain biking? Think what you like, but consider others before you post it.

TJ, I agree, riding that seesaw is bonkers. I bottle it on a solo so nae chance on the tandem. On my solo I’ve struggled to keep up with Paul & Nic on the red route singletrack, they are awesome.

Rob

singlespeedstu

Tandemwarriors.

We went for one of JD Cycles own brand custom jobs.

Just waiting for them to deliver the brakes for it as soon as they get them in stock.

I’ll stick some pics up when it’s finished.

I think I have a lot of learning to do when it comes to riding it though…..

Pook

not mad, but this was me on the beast keeping up with the MotoX bikes

sofatester
    Free Member

Anyone who is willing to be at the back on a tandem has my respect. Especially if the pilot has obviously forgot about you!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

tandemwarrior- did you ride ten under the ben? I remember a similiar tandem negotiating around the woodwork bits.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Well I sort of meant things that you’d seen yourself for real,

this boy is the best, ever end of.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g

I overtook him last year. And I was on a unicycle too, there is a video of it somewhere.*

Joe

*admittedly this was on a road, and he isn’t a massive road rider and was recovering from a knee injury at the time, but hey I’m still proud!

tandemwarriors

SSS, nice one, look fwd to seeing the pics. And yes lots of learning to come, but its damn good fun!

Lobby_dosser, nope not us, mainly due to 1) we’re not that fit, and 2) north shore on the tandem scares the life out of me! Hats off to them.
    PS- it was me that bought your old P7 🙂 You’ll be glad to know she’s doing well.

Rob

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Top three most nuts things on an MTB’ is closed to new replies.