Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • "Top spec calliper brakes found On TDF bikes"
  • oxnop
    Free Member

Anyone watching gadget show?

mboy
    Free Member

Hehehe. He is as clueless as usual!

I was at BPM last Monday, the annual DJ equipment showcase at the NEC. He was there, being followed round by a load of 16 year old boys. “You’re my hero, when I grow up I want to be just like you” I heard more than once!

He really is the joke of the show, the rest of them at least do their homework on subjects they’re not so familiar with, but he seems to rely on arrogance and blagging!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I did just see that. Just shows what tripe they talk on these programs we don’t understand and take as correct information.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Yup, I saw that too.

He really is dreadful

racefaceec90

are you all talking about the bald fella? (you can tell i watch the program 😉 what were the brakes by the way?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Cx brakes on a cx bike which is well used in the tour de France NOT

iain1775
    Free Member

He got the record though, although I’m pretty certain people have been faster on a bike without fan engine assistance so it’s a pretty useless record
    And 200 episodes ago was half the programme taken up by reading out a list of prizes in a competition (answer is 200 btw)

oxnop
    Free Member

what were the brakes by the way?

Avid shortys

allthegear
    Free Member

A speed record for a “fan assisted” bike? Isn’t a jet engine just a big fan??

Rachel

atlaz
    Free Member

Did you see Ortis trying to present the athletics. Shows you exactly what his skill level in presenting is.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

A speed record for a “fan assisted” bike? Isn’t a jet engine just a big fan??

It’s the engine and the fan at the same time (well a jet turbine is)… Theryre not the right sort of weight to be strapping to your back.

tron
    Free Member

He needs to go and have a word with himself. People have pedalled faster in lycra…

On the other hand, the jet luge was top stuff.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How fast did he go?

Doesn’t Warner set off speed cameras in Sprung?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Spookily enough I was reading the new Cycling Plus at the same time (just arrived thru the door) and the unassisted cycling speed record was mentioned in there – it’s something like 83mph.

IIRC the speed record drafting behind a car is something like 155+mph.

CountZero

I gave up on the Gadget Show ages ago. And me a confirmed gadget freak and Suzy Perry aficionado. Mainly ’cause baldy is such an irritating clot.

bigyinn
    Free Member

And he frequently wears flat caps.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘"Top spec calliper brakes found On TDF bikes"’ is closed to new replies.