Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Top bar kiddie seat
  • heywayne
    Free Member

Anyone own/tried one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXFORD-JUNIOR-LECO-UNIVERSAL-TOP-TUBE-CHILDS-SEAT-BIKE-/270777576236?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item3f0b99eb2c#ht_1092wt_905

I’ve been looking at an alternative for my two year old boy, currently I have him in the trailer, but it’s no good for trails as it’s too wide.

This looks like a low cost alternative to the tag-alongs (which he’s probably a little young for anyway.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Yes. My 3 year old loves it. I waited till he could ride his balance bike properly before using it, just so it would feel more natural for him. He rests his feet on the fork crown so i don’t bother with the foot rest.
    Quite capable off road, but be aware you won’t be able to stand up to ride, got to use the gears and spin.
    I’ll post a pic or 2 up later.

superfli
    Free Member

Depeding on how you feel, for a bit more security you could get a WeeRide
    My kid loves it. They look small, but can prob take a kid upto 3 1/2 yo. Should be able to sell easy enough too.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Pic of seat on the bike:

DSC_0380 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Don’t actually have any of the boy on it.

GW
    Free Member

funnily enough I was also looking at these today, I already have a trailer, tag along and rear mounted kiddy seat from previous kids but with the rear child seat and all the weight over the back wheel the bike can feel unstable as hell off-road, the trailer can be a chore and won’t fit through lots of local gates and as my youngest isn’t yet 2 won’t fit the tag a long for ages anyway.

I waited till he could ride his balance bike properly before using it, just so it would feel more natural for him

Although mine has been skooting feet up on her balance bike since about 18months I still wouldn’t trust her at under 2 to be able to hold on to the bars if it gets choppy so I just bought a weeride instead.

ordered it from ASDA for £65.. (Amazon was cheaper but I want it for Sunday)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Aswell as holding the bars, his feet are secure, he’s strapped on and he’s between my arms. But he is 3 years old and understands when I say to “hold tight” when we go over rougher ground, or go fast. He also loves it when I let go and let him steer 🙂

heywayne
    Free Member

Thanks for the info peepholes.

My only concern is size – I’m a tall chap, and my boy although only 2 & 1/2, he’s nearer 3-4 in terms of clothing, so is likely to be at the closing end of anything designed for that age bracket.

The upside is that it’s only £20, so if it doesn’t work out, there’s not a massive outlay lost. The WeeRide looks cool – I did spot this when looking, but the age thing…

Nice bike by the way ir_bandito

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Top bar kiddie seat’ is closed to new replies.