Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Top 10 – uses for gaffer tape.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

So have just seen the start of mission impossible III and trusty old gaffer tape is used to gag the hostage. This got me thinking – what are the best or most ingenious uses of gaffer tape?

bigG
    Free Member

Keeping them still before the rohipnol kicks in

amedias
    Free Member

dunno about most ingenious but it’s been holding my car together for the last 7 years…

donks
    Free Member

yunki
    Free Member

bruneep
    Flaperon

donks – at school me and a bunch of friends actually did that to a particularly unpleasant bully. Although it was a lamp-post instead of a tree.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Gaffer tape quickly applied round the circumference of one of these when the lock indicator shows red, works well.

Followed by throwing a barrage of bricks at it.

And then rocking it from side to side.

iDave
    Free Member

jojoA1
    Free Member

Maybe not top 10, but was effective additional winterising for the Strathpuffer.

Gaffer tape shoes by jojoA1, on Flickr

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Silence is golden.
    Gaffer tape is silver. 😈

PJM1974
    Free Member

Great thorn protection when applied to the inside of your tyres…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Allways use as a bandage at work when i cut my hands bit o loo roll n gaffer!!! Waterproof and durable!!!!

timber

used to spiral it around the legs of guys that fell asleep in the works vans – no comfortable way of separating it from leg hairs.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Prom dress

john_drummer
    Free Member

Gaffer tape + cheap lighter+ guitar = improvised capo. Pics tomorrow if I remember

NZCol

I had to gaffer tape my teammates arse crack and boll … actually I am still too traumatised to go there. Chafing.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

Coyote
    Free Member

Harry you are a bad man.

Lol @ ernie’s offering.

avdave2

Allways use as a bandage at work when i cut my hands bit o loo roll n gaffer!!! Waterproof and durable!!!!

I sliced a bit of my finger yesterday while putting a truss together but I chose the PVC over the gaffer tape as I find it moulds to the finger better and by stretching it you can get a bit more pressure on the cut.

Clobber
    Free Member

If you can separate a good length, single string and then stick that to the side of a car it looks like a mega scratch, even though it is proud and not an indent.

I had my boss looking around his newly restored BMW 635 coupe, scratching his head and swearing for about half an hour before he touched it… and of course it peels off cleanly…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Top 10 – uses for gaffer tape.’ is closed to new replies.