Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • tooth problems…..crown wont stay in
  • milkyman
    Free Member

few weeks back i snapped a front tooth right at the base, the dentist drilled in to the tooth that went below the gum line and got a fake tooth with a metal pin in it and stuck it in, now 3 times in 4 weeks its worked loose and fallen out, so wether the hole she drilled is to big for the pin and fixing cement, or the remains of the tooth are shot and wont hold it, I dont want a denture whats next

IHN

Speak to your dentist?

milkyman
    Free Member

she just wants to kepp sticking it back in till the 2 month warrenty is up

watsontony
    Free Member

maybe its time for a nice new ceramic set?

milkyman
    Free Member

i have no doubt that when the 2 months is up she will offer somthing more expensive, or not want to be bothered with it

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Get PeterPoddy to take a look…

FOG

Doom, doom! As the owner of the worst teeth in the world I have considerable experiemce of crowns and have to say if installed properly a crown should last a lot longer than that. However if the root is damaged you could be in for trouble. Once the root is past help your only alternative is to go implant which is by no means as foolproof as is claimed and costs as much as another bodypart or falsies. Hopefully it will just be a matter of your dentist finding the right cement to keep it in place!

milkyman
    Free Member

i will speak to her on thurs when i get it re fitted, i thought an implant was as good as the real thing, and I dont know peter poddy

Bunnyhop

Try ’32 Whites’ in Marple.
    They are stupidly expensive, however Peter (do Not under any circumstances use John his brother) is very good at fixing things.

My front dental implant went very wrong and still isn’t right today, so I’m out of pocket by £2,600 and teeth look bloody awful. Wasn’t fitted by them ^^ though, t’was a really bad dentist from Northenden.

wwaswas

I dont know peter poddy

he’s camped out about 3 threads down complaining that his dentist made him stop eating a twix whilst his teeth were examined.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘tooth problems…..crown wont stay in’ is closed to new replies.