• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TN.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tooth Out
  • warton
    Free Member

I had a back tooth out on friday, and its still hurting quite a bit, pain killers do help, but I was thinking the pain would of subsided quite a bit now. also I get wierd taste in my mouth. Normal?

wwaswas

is it noticeably red or swollen?

have you been rinsing with very salty water (or were you advised not to)?

uplink
    Free Member

I thought vigorous swilling would help mine heal better – I don't know why

I ended up dislodging the blood clot & [very painfully] getting what they called a dry socket

warton
    Free Member

i started rinsing out 24 hours after, there wasn't any blood when i did. Its just a constant dull ache. Really awful. Pain killers help for an hour or so… Its a bit swollen, but not badly

algarvebairn
    Free Member

nerve damage maybe. call your dentist.

tommo999
    Free Member

I'm glad i canncelled my appointment for that last week…

RichT

I also had a decayed wisdom tooth pulled out on Friday. I've not got any pain now and haven't had to take pain killers since Fri afternoon, so maybe you need to talk to your dentist!

daveh
    Free Member

Could well be a dry socket, I've had 2 teeth out up to now and 2 dry sockets. Look at the hole, if there's red blood in it then it must be something else, if it looks like there's nothing in then its could be a dry socket. Dry socket = 2 weeks of pain like you're experiencing now. Paracetemol and Ibuprofin can be mixed = a dose every 2 hours. With my last one I had 10 days of pain, went to a wedding, dranks lots of alcohol, woke up with a new blood clot in place and subsiding pain. I don't think that approach is medically advisable however.

warton
    Free Member

going to dentist tonight to see whats up.
    tommo, it was a horrific experience, truly awful

warton
    Free Member

dry socket, and infected. nightmare. got an evial tasting iodine pad thing in at the moment, and been given some antibiotics… kielder 100 training gets put off for another couple of days!

TN
    Free Member

Ow. Sounds horrible. Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and the pain goes soon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tooth Out’ is closed to new replies.