Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tool Insurance
  • neilb67
    Free Member

After some 20+ years as a race mechanic I have aquired a fair few and expensive tools. In previous years I have relied on the teams I have worked for to cover the tools on their insurance policies. Recently I have decided that its time that I insured them myself. The only problem Ive come across is trying to find someone to insure just my tools. I am sub contracted to teams during the season and work out of their premises so my tools are always locked in secure premises.

Just wondered if anyone in the insurance industry can point me in the right direction as I am struggling to find cover just for my tools.

turin
    Free Member

I have looked into getting my work tools insured over the years but found that the restrictions applied to it was prohibitive. eg daytime only, only while in view etc etc,however I recently saw something on anglia tool centre which looked quite good. Though after me suggesting it I have not covered my tools so no doubt they will get nicked tonight!!!

It seemed to be pretty good, even if the tools were left on a site overnight and on an unmanned site.

worth a look

neilb67
    Free Member

Cheers for that. Had a look but cant see anything.

turin
    Free Member

i managed to find it,its probably just an advert on their site but here it is, apologies but not up on how to do linky thing – apparently i can 🙂

http://www.toolsinsuranceonline.com/cover.asp

neilb67
    Free Member

Thanks for that turin. I found that site earlier but the limit is £5000. Ive emailed them to see if they can insure greater amounts. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tool Insurance’ is closed to new replies.