• This topic has 33 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Took my dog to a dinner party and it turned killer
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Politely chatting away around the garden table and our ‘lovable’ little fellow suddenly starts scenting, and hopping around a big dense bush in glee..

Host says ‘oh its probably just a rat – we get a few here’

I say ‘well, he seems to genuinely just love other animals and we’ve never seen him kill anything, but I suppose he was bred to kill rats’

Cue Toby, launching at bush and a sudden high pitched scream of terror from the trapped victim – he pulls out an enormous ruddy rat and starts shaking it around like a ragdoll – the rat gives one last attempt at escape as he’s pinned to the floor and turns his head to bite Toby’s face – at which point Toby just inserts rat head into mouth, followed by the most crigeworthy ‘crunch’.

Toby stands there panting, blood dripping from tongue, wagging his stubby little tail. Punture wound pocked rat is no more.

We are sat around table and stunned into total shock at the sight. I feel an emotion ive never felt before. Immense pride coupled with sheer horror.

From now on I shall truly believe the hype when reading about certain dog breed characterisitcs.
    And Toby shall be kept away from small furry pets(he does love cats though).

Hosts were surprisingly appreciative of the ‘entertainment’ and eradication.

tenfoot

The Verminator

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

As long as you paid the host the going rate for rat, it should all be fine and dandy.
    EDIT: Or perhaps they should pay you for the entertainment, this is confusing.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Toby is now affectionately known by his Hip-Hop alter ego of ‘Ratface Killah’

Junkyard
    Free Member

what is he like with ex wifes?

Pigface
    Free Member

Terriers will be Terriers

benp1

Good effort

I didn’t think they bit rats to kill them, I thought they did the terrier-head-shake to break the backs/necks

Obvs the head bite works!

Drac

They worry them and nip the back or the neck even the throat to despatch. Try grabbing a terrier by the throat when playing and watch what happens, I not responsible for the loss of any fingers.

If he makes a habit of it, keep a watch out for rat bites – they can get infected very quickly!

DezB
    Free Member

Come on guys, you’ve let me down…

It could’ve been A CHILD’S FACE! Put that dog to sleep immediately!

mike_p
    Free Member

From now on I shall truly believe the hype when reading about certain dog breed characterisitcs

Hmmm… I’m not so sure about that. Whilst our cocker spaniel has an endless fascination for the stupid fat wood pigeons that we get in the garden, his genes seem to have forgotten the bit about waiting until after they’ve been gunned down! He actually caught one the other week, it must have been particularly dopey because he’s not exactly stealthy, if you get my drift…!

slimjim78
    Free Member

It could’ve been A CHILD’S FACE!

I’m certain it was an adult rat, it was a biggun.

2tyred

We simply don’t see enough rats at dinner parties any more.

beardo74
    Free Member

Our Jack Russell (softest, quietest, most gentle Jack Russell I’ve ever seen) killed it’s first rat last week too! In our chicken coop.

She moved so fast it took me a moment to work out what was happening, but the screaming soon gave the game away. The rat was enormous too.

It’s very very impressive seeing a dog doing what it was bred to do though – instinct really does take over.

matt_outandabout

The Verminator, Fat Russell and Magneto Dog – the (near) A-Team of dogs..

slimjim78
    Free Member

instinct really does take over.

This /\

He was in his absolute element in the lead up to, during, and after the kill.
    I almost feel a duty to supply rats for him now.

enfht
    Free Member

Rat Lives Matter.

epicyclo

I once saw my son’s Staffy demolish a nest of mice. There must have been 15 of them racing off in all directions. Not one escaped. Quick shake, crunch, dead, and drop. Phenomenally fast.

Meanwhile my ginormous Great Dane was prancing around scoffing them all up.

Staffies are mini Tyrannosauruses.

Pigface
    Free Member

My first Staffy Caesar who was incredibly stupid caught a rat once, moved like greased lightning, grabbed rat chomp chomp on the spine threw rat up in the air and was back on his chair sleeping in about 10 seconds. Quite astonishing to see him act out on primal instinct.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

For the first eight years of his life my Fell Terrier caught absolutely nothing, nor had any desire to do so. Then last year we had a Rat infestation and he caught a good few dozen, mainly by lying dead still for hours on end. They’d run past him and Whumpf! Deaded. He felt guilty about it so buried them in the flower beds.
    My Jack Russell would dig them up and ponce around trying to take the glory. Sandy and stiff, it was obvious. I think she felt cheated as her whole life is devoted to death and destruction.

fasthaggis

Pah,Jack Russells.
    You need to level up.

^^Pieter Hugo

somafunk

Congrats to Toby, his first kill should be stuffed and mounted on an oak plinth above his bed. 😀

I have a Jack Russell called “Toby” as well, he’s also partial to rats and has the free run of a few local farms whenever we like as they do not lay Rat poison incase a raptor picks the carcass up so Toby is most welcome at anytime, his absolute record so far is 27 in a couple of hours through a combination of manic digging (he can shift a helluva amount of dirt with his paws and teeth) and head shaking frenzy. He knows not to eat them so that’s not a worry.

Drac

Hmmm… I’m not so sure about that. Whilst our cocker spaniel has an endless fascination for the stupid fat wood pigeons that we get in the garden, his genes seem to have forgotten the bit about waiting until after they’ve been gunned down! He actually caught one the other week, it must have been particularly dopey because he’s not exactly stealthy, if you get my drift…!

They’ll retrieve what ever they can get a hold of not necessarily dead ones.

BigJohn

If he had found a duck in the bush he would have split the bill.

Sandwich

You should see the mess when a muntjac meets its maker via lurcher. Well done Toby.

Kahurangi

/edit

Someone beat me to the joke.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Dogs gonna be dogs.

Ours has had a few rabbits and some rats when over at the in-laws.

He don’t half look pleased with himself after he’s got one.

And my wife wants to buy our son a hamster. I predict it will end badly.

takisawa2

My Dad always had Jack Russels. Fiercely loyal things that would bite if you looked at them the wrong way.
    I remember us helping to dig out a rubble pile behind a Butchers once.
    The dog turned into a bloody killing machine.
    Into the hole he’d go, a fountain of soil & debris, then a frenzied chase. You could barely see the rat & dog changing direction, was that quick, before he’d take it by the scruff of the neck & shake it to death.
    He knew to leave them at your feet after that.
    Seriously impressive.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Fiercely loyal things that would bite if you looked at them the wrong way.

I have to say – that bit doesn’t really describe my JR. He loves all people, especially kids.

Just hates rats. Or so it would seem.

You could barely see the rat & dog changing direction

This bit though – when he picks up a sent it reminds me of watching MethPacMan change direction – its all instant right angles, I can hardly take it in!

nick1962
    Free Member

Don’t take your JR to dinner parties in Rajasthan!

rmacattack
    Free Member

wth ^^^^?

DezB
    Free Member

That is grim.

stumpy01

I’ve posted this pic a couple of times before…..but…..

Presley says not a bad effort for a beginner…

I’ve got a somewhat more gruesome photo of his next effort, but not sure it’s suitable to post….

DezB
    Free Member

Made a right mess over the wall!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Took my dog to a dinner party and it turned killer’ is closed to new replies.