Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Too much Sealant?
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

Having trouble getting some Trail King (New rubber queen) protection’s to hold air on my crests. They seem to be leaking from the bead.
    I put a bit More than suggested sealant in and they still wont hold. Is it worth putting a bit more in in increments or should I stop and take a different tact?

wwaswas

pump them hard to make sure the beads are seated and then hold them flat and slosh the sealant around – it should seal the beads. then turn over (the wheel, not you) and do the other side.

If it’s still not sealing I’d leave it in a warm room for 24 hours and try again.

Northwind

My Rubber Queens leaked enormously for the first few rides,was just a case of waiting and reinflating from time to time… and as wwaswas says, just make sure they’re fully beaded on as that would also cause leaks from the bead.

greeble
    Free Member

Air compressor bang them up to 60psi and slosh the sealant around

joespencer33
    Free Member

they seem sealed but I might bash a bit more air in and leave them for a few day, Cheers

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Pump them up and go for a quick spin around the block. I find riding them helps set the beads.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Too much Sealant?’ is closed to new replies.