Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Too good to be true? Canyon on Ebay
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281432572909&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_918wt_1190

I reckon this is 4K new.

Anyway I asked the seller what was the reason for sale? Reply: What is your reason to buy?

LOL

chakaping
    Free Member

Where would you nick a new, boxed Canyon from?

Either in transit or from Canyon’s warehouse.

More likely to be legit than most brands but the seller appears to be a cock so just leave it.

DezB
    Free Member

Fell off the back of a ParcelForce lorry.

[edit]Isn’t it against eBay policies not to accept Paypal?

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I think he’ll get a few time ‘waisters’ with an attitude like that.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

theres a thread on bikeradar about canyons been targeted by stolen credit cards in the rotherham/shwffield area

frame number to canyon will confirm this

hammy7272
    Free Member

Yeah, pretty keen on it but I’m not dealing with him.

Also, why do people buy a new bike then think actually I don’t want it and sell at a huge loss?

footflaps

Interesting read!

DezB
    Free Member

Jeez, wherever he/she gets the stock from Oskiocean is doing a roaring trade on eBay!

hammy7272
    Free Member

Interesting…..

binners

Also, why do people buy a new bike then think actually I don’t want it and sell at a huge loss?

Who cares? If people have more money than sense, thats their problem.

LMT
    Free Member

If it was dodgy credit cards im not sure how they would get the bikes, canyon have upped there security around this. I ordered a my last canyon in April and my card was rejected, I had to call my bank to get them to release the funds and then email canyon to request they try again.

I can only speak from my experience but is possibly a stray canyon container that’s been stolen and then distributed across the UK. Hope its not too big a problem to stop canyon shipping to the UK in the future as I have a trio of great bikes, was hoping to upgrade the road one next year to a CF canyon.

uwe-r
    Free Member

This is a terrible add and i would not be comfortable bidding. It screams stolen goods.

There are bargains out there though, i bid £220 on this and whoever beat me at £225 has probably got a bargain:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannondale-Caad-8-/121425912348?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=a3XkzjMQCKs9JEhbVF9A1A0XVZg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_61wt_1019

DezB
    Free Member

That ‘Dale links to another great advert. Placed by a caveman I reckon
    Bike. Ug.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cash on Collection…..mmmmmmmm!!!

I thought you had to offer PayPal as an option on eBay?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you do, however the easiest way to get screwed over is to offer paypal then let someone collect, as all they do is put in a not delivered claim, item and refund, simples

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Too good to be true? Canyon on Ebay’ is closed to new replies.