Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • Too expensive? (LBS content).
  • druidh
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member

>I'm sure Evans charge £25 for a puncture simply to discourage lazy >cyclists from inundating them with "can you fix my puncture" begs

You're half right. Puncture repair is £12.50 plus the £4.50 cost of the inner tube. So £17. And yes, it's done to discourage people from taking up workshop time. All Evans shops (in fact any decent shop) should have tyre levers and a track pump to lend to anyone who wants to do it themselves out the front of the shop, it's not like they just tell them to f*** off.

We do have a couple of pumps available for folk who want to DIY, but in a small shop, that can take up too much space. Other than that, we charge £5 for doing it and it goes nowhere near the workshop, it's just the "floor" staff that do it. We do warn folk that we might have to stop mid-repair if there are other customers though. In fact, my preference is to send them round to Tesco/Costa for a coffee instead of waiting in the shoppe. I should really have a word with them about commission.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Too expensive? (LBS content).’ is closed to new replies.