Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Too bored to even ride today
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Brought my kit in to ride (road) at lunchtime, but I just can’t be arsed with anything today. Not work, biking, nothing.

I’ll probably run this evening when I’ve woken up tho.

scaredypants

I had toast for breakfast

molgrips
    Free Member

What did you have on it?

ton

nice long slow commute home…………….sorted

Spongebob
    Free Member

And the point of this thread is?

finbar
    Free Member

The sun is shining, i’m going out for three or four hours this afternoon 🙂

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Ton… you aint slow muca but you are a source of wisdom 😀
    I’m out tonight in the sunny darkness that is night riding Yahoooooo Weeeee Doh mind that tree.

MrNutt
    Free Member

sounds like someone needs a good poo.

molgrips
    Free Member

Commute home is a possibility since I have to ride anyway, but traffic’s always so crap in the evening.

toby1

I rode in from my new house today for the first time, 5 miles of near enough traffic free double track pedaling. Then went for a run at lunch, shame you missed it, it’s a really lovely day out there today, mild, sunny perfect Autumn day.

You can sit in your sulk though, the rest of us don’t mind!

ozzo
    Free Member

we’re bored because we can’t ride. Severe weather in Utah forces us to eat/drink tea or coffee and watch crappy TV.

molgrips
    Free Member

I feel like riding now actually, but I probably should run since I’m training for a 5 miler in November.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Great day for a ride!

My mates off work with stress so I took a few hours to go out on the mtb with him to help him chill, seems its just the tonic! We had a nice time finding new routes shooting down tracks off fire roads 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Riding is good only if you are in the mood for it. Which I usually am, but sometimes I am just too tired.

rkk01
    Free Member

Well, I have to ride home – and it was slidy fun on the way in this morning 😆

But this morning’s sketchy descent is going to be this evening’s “no back wheel grip” uphill slog

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I took the long way home and it was not bad, cheered me up 🙂 Still going to run tonight.

Hohum
    Free Member

I have not been able to muster the get up and go to go out for a ride for the last two weeks.

I am not sure what the reason why is either.

One thing that is affecting my mood is the change in daylight hours, it really feels like we hurtling towards the dark part of the year at a great speed and I have to try and adjust to it.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a bit miserable, yes, but the rest of the week’s going to be lovely so enjoy it one day at a time 🙂

gordimhor

to bored to ride today I think you need some I am so bored with the usa 8)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqRLxuQt7VA

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Mol – to get that “edge” you have to ride/train when you simply don’t feel like it. That’s the difference between “a little bit fit” and “properly fit.”

On those rainy days, when you’ve got no energy, even if you feel a bit coldy. Oh and it’ll lift you out of the dumps – I “used” exercise (as did Mrs Mat) as therapy when we lost a baby at 37.5 weeks in 2007. I reckon it saved me and Mrs Mat from plunging into depression – it’s the best way to get out of the doldrums.

U31
    Free Member

Hornwee.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molgrips – you need a project. I’ve got 2 now…. but 3 is the magic number.

You need to set yourself a challenging target of engagement and fulfillment. If you set yourself a challenging enough target I will support you 100%, conducting as much research as possible to ensure you never know boredom again….

Either that, or you could just start smoking loads of weed. You’ll be so stupified that boredom won’t even be conceivable.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mol – to get that “edge” you have to ride/train when you simply don’t feel like it. That’s the difference between “a little bit fit” and “properly fit.

Thanks for the pearls of wisdom mate!

Oh and it’ll lift you out of the dumps

It doesn’t. I’ve been doing this a looooong time! Ta for the encouragement tho 🙂

But for those who are interested, I was supposed to run Tuesday night, and ride today and Thursday for 2 hours, then run on Saturday and longer ride on Sunday.

Monday night the littleun kept us up for about 3 hours, so Tuesday was a massive battle and I was totally wiped. So today I had to choose between a run and a bike ride, and I opted for the run since my current training goal is a 5 mile fun run in under 40 mins on Nov 25th. In the end I did a bit of biking too 🙂

Lol@TSY btw 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molgrips – I’m also happy to offer fitness pearls of wisdom… you just need to ask!

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok then, will I make my 40 minute goal?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

5 miles in 40 mins… 8 min miles?

Some old bloke ran a 4 min mile. Your target does nothing to enthuse me!

However I reckon you’ve set yourself a realistic target so I’m going to say…. Yes.

Interval training is definitely your friend.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you knew how I felt when I run, you’d think 5 8 minute miles was a pretty big hill to climb!

My run today was intervals.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

First instance I reckon forget about the total distance.
    See how quickly you can run 2 miles.
    Aim to do 2 miles in 12 mins by the end of October at the latest.

Congratulations you are now project 3 and 4 btw 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

2 miles in 12 mins – out of the question I reckon. I can keep up a 6 min mile pace for maybe a minute, if I’m fresh!

100m in 11s on the other hand, I’m your man 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t make me post up Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger video 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyway I have a coach, and a plan, so I’m sticking to it. Next week it’s 3×5 min intervals.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How’s the training going?

molgrips
    Free Member

TSY you are freaking me out a bit, dredging up all my old threads!

Just did short intervals and felt like crap. Not going to make my target I fear.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😆 Sorry, I’m a little bored. Seeing as you had the top 3. I was trying to get you all 5 of the most recent threads.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had top 3? Sweet 🙂

I appreciate your efforts on my behalf 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll reply on a different thread then…

molgrips
    Free Member

So I have to hunt for the reply to that?

Trampus
    Free Member

Fat Smurfly Awesome! 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha, no, I’ve sobered up enough to play COD. My work here is done.

Well done though, I thought this place had turned in the molgrips show for a bit back then. 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

I am sitting here hitting refresh more or less constantly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Too bored to even ride today’ is closed to new replies.