Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Tonights Masterchef.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

This guy who is meant to be the best chef in the world is total night and day compared to the likes of Ramsey and that Kitchin guy from last week. Not shouty at all.

damo2576
    Free Member

He and that restaurant are amazing, have eaten there, the English guy is from Yorkshire! They all come out and serve and explain the dishes, was a surprise to get a thick northern accent! Real moving, inspirational food.

Coyote
    Free Member

Surf Mat will be along soon to tell us that the chef tonight’s management technique is most definately *NOT* awesome!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Riksbar

I love the fact that the three finalists are all from areas whose cuisine is generally considered by the rest of the country to consist of Greggs.

damo2576
    Free Member

They’re really good this series I think.

simonralli2
    Free Member

The OP makes a good point. I feel Ramsay has so many issues, and I just wouldn’t want to eat food that has been made with so much anger. I like my food to be made with a lot of love 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

The standard really is top notch. These three are bloody good!

Mark

Hmmm.. Then the ‘all you can eat for £5 in Liverpool’ ad pops up in the RH column. Hmmm

ScottChegg
    Free Member

AA Gill got chucked out of Ramseys place for saying he was a great chef, but a second-rate human being. Touchy.

warton
    Free Member

Ramsey has sacked his father in law who he has been in business with since the start. He said Ramsey has become this fame obsessed monster, private jets to and from the US every week, etc etc.

only caught bits of it last night, will watch on iplayer i think

jp-t853

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

This guy who is meant to be the best chef in the world is total night and day compared to the likes of Ramsey and that Kitchin guy from last week. Not shouty at all.

I thought exactly the same thing, it was lovely to see a nice mannered Chef instead of the usual idiots of which Ramsay is the prime example. I would rather eat fish & chips in the car than go to a restaurant owned by Ramsay.

Most of the other restaurants featured so far have seemed to be souless, a fun free vacuum. I feel that food only accounts for maybe 60% of a dining experience.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Touching moment when he gave the woman a hug for cooking the fish perfect first time.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Missed it – dammit!

Agree that a lot of the restaurants have looked very clinical and souless.

I like a place to be a bit cosy and/or very grand.

Rick Steins places get this right – especially his Bistro.

Coyote
    Free Member

So, who’s the smart money on to win? Either the lass or the dude with the beard?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Beardy guy is who I want to win. It is rare to see a person with so much passion for what they are trying to do and it is absolutely great to see.

Coyote
    Free Member

Agreed. However the girl does have talent. I think it will be very close between the two.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Can’t believe how unflustered the girl appears to be!

fi
    Free Member

At least the beardy guy has stopped looking like he might throw up with nerves. He’s the one that seems to have made the biggest improvement of the three. The girl was always good.

I have no idea what sort of places they came from but it must be pretty hard going back to roast sunday dinners with all the trimmings after being in the best restaurant in the world.

jp-t853

If I remember correctly the girl used to work in a restaurant in Paris and now works in a more canteen style environment in the UK. She is talented maybe Paris was not the place for her.

jimster
    Free Member

Trouble is, it’s not proper cooking is it?

But my money’s on the coke head, he seemed to do really well last night.

The girl seemed to let a couple of things slip.

As for the other bloke, be a travesty if he got it, he’s always late and you can see the other contestants are getting a bit peeved with it.

samuri
    Free Member

The scouser is going to win it according to my wife.

Strangely apparently so is the scouser in X factor.

Nowt like a bit of regionalism to get the TV watching debate moving briskly is there?

Sadly I agree with her but not (like her), because they’re scousers but this is a point where I feel I have to disgree on principle.

yunki
    Free Member

The scouser is going to win it

I dunno what a Scouser is.. something to do with northerners..? all northerners are the same aren’t they?

My money is on Shakey Dave… (who is very obviously NOT a cokehead.. a pot head or smack head possibly.. not a cokehead though.. or maybe he’s just a troubled genius perhaps?)

The late guy just isn’t in the same league and Scarey Mary is very loveable and deserves to win.. but I wouldn’t want to catch a glimpse of her through the kitchen door while I’m eating..

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m always amazed by the creativeness shown by the all the chefs – I think it’s brilliant, but I hate it when after all the work has been done some other git comes out with such comments as “oooo you could have made those cuts a bit sharper…. it’s not quite a cube”

😕

**** OFF.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Dopey McDrugFiend has improved a huge amount, basically he has put himself in contention big time. For me though, even with the hogget disaster, the lass is still head and shoulders above the other two. She is consistently excellent and adaptable.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I have never seen anyone want something as much as the beardy guy wants to win this. I hope he gets his wish.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

The music remix tonight was spot on, made me laugh as they mixed in the “whisking”/”pot clanking” sound effects etc.

Greg’s best comment so far “I would happily stick my head in that”

Best person won BTW.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

should be a spoiler on this thread 😀 I can’t wait to get home and watch it on iplayer

yunki
    Free Member

best person won… second most deserving person couldn’t have been genuinely happier if they had taken top spot themselves..
    heartwarming sportsmanship

Coyote
    Free Member

Only caught the last 20 minutes (curse you M56!!!). An absolute pleasure to see the skills on display and the sportmanship displayed after the result was a joy. Quality.

teagirl
    Free Member

Who won, I missed the last minutes due to overexcited kids. Birthday tomorrow…

theotherjonv

can’t tell you as this isn’t an official spoiler thread.

Anyone know who they are (full names). I’d happily eat at their establishments.

MisterT

Dave beardy bloke is an inspiration – his dishes were totally brilliantly designed and executed.. totally original… the fact he gave up his job and put himself totally up for MC is amazing devotion… he deserves a brilliant restaurant of his own and I for one want to hunt him down give him a big handshake and eat his food…

jimster
    Free Member

Dave’s pie looked exceptional, I think he let himself down with the presentation of the pudding.

My one comment would be when they were cooking for the Chef’s, who the f*** do they think they are – you’re cook’s you don’t save lives, you cook food nothing more nothing less, get real!! 🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My one comment would be when they were cooking for the Chef’s, who the f*** do they think they are – you’re cook’s you don’t save lives, you cook food nothing more nothing less, get real!!

LOL! I agree. It was like a collection of Nobel Peace Prize winners. Even non starred Monica greased her way in there. Mind you, it looked like an absolute bitch of a task for them all.

Do any Masterchef winners actually become famous/successful chefs? I have no idea.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Tonights Masterchef.’ is closed to new replies.