Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Tonights soundtrack is going to be 'Sirens and Hovering Helicopters' methinks…
  • psychle
    Free Member

All kicking off in London town, and it isn’t even dark yet… what’s the cover of nightfall going to bring I wonder?? 😯

Live reporting on the Telegraph

enveetee
    Free Member

Worst rioting in 25 years…

You young ‘un’s, tut tut, in my day we knew how to riot.

It’s nice to be a Benchmark

Lifer
    Free Member

18.03 Sky’s Martin Brunt is tweeting a string of sourced updates on the Duggan situation. It now appears that police are moving away from the claim that Duggan opened fire first.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Time for the rubber bullets, methinks……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“They’ve just broken into a sandwich shop called Appetite2go. They smashed a window and climbed in and now there’s crisps all over the floor as people tear through. The police have just arrived on the scene and looks set to confront them”

“now there’s crisps all over the floor” …..really – what’s the world coming to ? 😕

psychle
    Free Member

dang… some fairly serious action going down in Hackney now, live coverage on BBC News via an aerial camera is looking pretty dramatic…

wooobob

@PaulLewis good twitter feed

jonb
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

Time for the rubber bullets, methinks……

+1

Although it would seem that the new police tactic is to leave them alone/control the situation and then just use tv and camera footage to pick up the scrotes later. Certainly seemed to be what happened at the student demo and the teachers demo.

hh45
    Free Member

all quiet in Stokie (part of Hackney for those not from these parts) at the minute. I was about to have new windows and now if I wait I may get it done on the insurance!!

psychle
    Free Member

19.49 Duncan Gardham reports that… Large rubbish bins are also burning and a looted rocking horse is sitting in the the middle of the road…

Oh the horror, that poor horse, won’t someone think of the animals? 😥

psychle
    Free Member

Bloody hell… look at that fire in Croydon, maahoosive!

singletrackmind

Anyone heard anything from Elfin ce soir?

revs1972
    Free Member

why the fox do the Police not have water cannon ?
    That should get rid of the little fekkers

RustyMac

Fire in Croydon is well scary, really hope no one was in any of the buildings, fire wen’t trough them so quickly. Way way to strong for that first engine that turned up, but can’t believe it destroyed the entire block and is spreading.

brakes
    Free Member

Anyone heard anything from Elfin ce soir?

he’s on the Tottenham riots thread repeating himself

hilldodger
    Free Member

Funny, all I can hear is the frothing of rabid right wingers and the wailing of wooly middle class liberals.
    No answers, no positive suggestions, just mud slinging and point scoring 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

Funny, all I can hear is the frothing of rabid right wingers and the wailing of wooly middle class liberals.
    No answers, no positive suggestions, just mud slinging and point scoring

+1

Joshtp
    Free Member

Sorry it’s off topic… psychle – check your Email bud… Replied about the E150’s… sorry to hassle but I’ve seen another nice deal… so if the E150’s don’t come off (I hope they do, they’re my first choice) then I can get on the case of the others… 🙂

cheers bruv!

aracer
    Free Member

Haven’t got any sirens

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No answers, no positive suggestions, just mud slinging and point scoring

Which followed this:

he’s on the Tottenham riots thread repeating himself

Then, Brakes appears to endorse the statement hilldodger made! 😕

Ok then:

Personally, I feel what has sparked off this massive amount of unrest is the fact that many young people feel utterly powerless over many aspects of their own lives, and are exercising the one form of power they feel they actually have; aggression. I’m not condoning any of the violence in any way whatsoever, regardless of what various dickheads on here may think and have suggested; I think it’s a tragedy that so many people seem to think violence and crime is acceptable and even ‘fun’. It’s a f-ed up situation when so many people get caught up in the hysteria and madness. Those mindless idiots out there don’t even know what damage they are doing to their own communities, innocent people and even their own futures.

But I think it’s pointless to condemn; of course it’s flipping wrong. Of course it is. Any right-minded person knows this, and I dare say most of those involved will regret their actions once they grow up a bit and reflect on the consequences.

What concerns me is the level of hatred and anger within so many people. Including those making moronic statements on here.

Why are we living in a society where this is so rife? Why such massive divisions between members of our society?

Truth is that increasing numbers of people just don’t care any more, about their society, their community, and worst of all, themselves.

zippykona

The cops need to get down to Epsom.
    Looks like the rioters have broken in and set fire to my dinner.

stavromuller
    Free Member

What people seem to fail to realise is that poeple behave differently from their normal behavior patterns when they are in a crowd. I witnessed this during the strikes of the seventies and it can be seen at nearly all football matches. Brake up the big crowds into smaller groups and the anonimity starts to evaporate then people behave more resonably. That makes “kettling” seem like a very negative move.

brakes
    Free Member

thanks Fred

Why are we living in a society where this is so rife? Why such massive divisions between members of our society?

greed.
    I honestly don’t believe that wealth equality can ever exist.

molgrips
    Free Member

What concerns me is the level of hatred and anger within so many people. Including those making moronic statements on here

Spot on.

Everyone just wants to b*tch at everyone else. It’s miserable, and it’s mostly not the bankers or the politicians or the darkies or the flippin bogeyman….

JEngledow
    Free Member

It’s just like the annual Hackney Carnival:

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Why should wealth equality exist? I know for a fact that i’m better than most, but also aware that there are plenty better than me.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Al jazeera report riots staring in Leeds. 100+ gathered.

+ reports of one person being shot.

Merak

The current civil unrest has been a long time coming. The disillusioned and and feckless youth who are perpetrating the ongoing trouble have piggy backed an incident that suited them, regardless of race creed or colour. Its an excuse to act up in a way that’s been brewing for years.

The idea that the youths at the centre of the current violent actions somehow feel wronged by the indiscretions of the Met is laughable. They want aggro and they are happy to have the excuse to bring it.

What concerns me is the level of hatred and anger within so many people. Including those making moronic statements on here.

Those same people are fed up of;

Those mindless idiots out there don’t even know what damage they are doing to their own communities, innocent people and even their own futures.

I personally, advocate the use of water cannons, rubber bullets, shitty sticks, whatever it takes to quell the trouble. Pussy footing around is not the answer.

This is priceless,

Are you trolling with this or what?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Are you trolling with this or what?

Nope. Genuine question. You don’t have to answer it if you feel it’s a bit beyond you…

I personally, advocate the use of water cannons, rubber bullets, shitty sticks, whatever it takes to quell the trouble. Pussy footing around is not the answer.

Tell you what; why not do your duty as a citizen, and go down there and give those feckless yutes a jolly good telling off, instead of wasting your breath on here? I’m sure they’ll listen to you and stop rioting and disperse….

Merak

Tell you what; why not do your duty as a citizen, and go down there and give those feckless yutes a jolly good telling off, instead of wasting your breath on here? I’m sure they’ll listen to you and stop rioting and disperse….

Tell you what, instead of spending all your time posting spurious piffle on here. Why dont you actually leave the computer and ask those intent on mayhem;

Reported for being a trumpet.

Toodle pip 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Tell you what, instead of spending all your time posting spurious piffle on here. Why dont you actually leave the computer and ask those intent on mayhem

Ask them what?

yossarian
    Free Member

What tyres?

easygirl

Tory government= civil unrest
    No change there then

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No change there then

The situation were are witnessing today was always eventually going to arrive, whichever party was in power – it’s been a pressure cooker ready to explode for a very long time. Youth unemployment stands at almost 1 million, the highest ever. And the total including those studying etc, is 3 million, ie 3 million young people not earning any wages at all. And yet they are sold daily the false unachievable dreams of fame and wealth. They are told day in and day out that they should aspire to own vast amounts of material wealth, and that to aspire for anything less than that represents failure.

And yet youth in huge swathes of our communities are given zero chance of achieving anything. Employers would rather opt for the easier and cheaper alternative of offering jobs to fully trained Poles or Lithuanians, than to give British school-leavers any hope of learning a trade. This attitude is backed up by the typical half-wits on this forum, who at any given opportunity vilify young people dismissing them all as chavs, lazy, feckless, etc.

Well all the pent-up frustrations have finally turned ugly, and very ugly too – I will be surprised if there are no fatalities after tonight. But no one should be very surprised – did anyone really think we could cripple Britain’s youth and then taunt them for being lame indefinitely ? And blaming it all on the Tories is far too simplistic. We haven’t arrived where we are because of something which happened back in May last year – you need to go much further back, years, if not decades.

mboy
    Free Member

No change there then

Because of the financial Black Hole the country has been left in by a Labour government that the Tories are trying to sort out…

No change there then!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No change there then!

No change in trying to score cheap party political points then.

aracer
    Free Member

you need to go much further back, years, if not decades

What you’re saying here is that it’s all Facha’s fault? 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s pretty clear what I’m saying. Society isn’t where it is today because of something which has happened since May last year. That, I would have thought, was self-evident.

If you want to point the finger at Thatcher then by all means be my guest. Although I should perhaps remind you that Thatcher was only leader of the Tory Party, she could have done nothing without the rest of the Tory Party, nor the section of the electorate who voted for her. And there have been 4 more prime minsters since her, although they have all, without exception, admired her.

But maybe aracer you want to absolve all governments of any responsibility for the direction which society has taken, eh ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And yet they are sold daily the false unachievable dreams of fame and wealth. They are told day in and day out that they should aspire to own vast amounts of material wealth, and that to aspire for anything less than that represents failure.

So, Facherism, then….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why ? Did it all stop when the Tories sacked Thatcher ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Tonights soundtrack is going to be 'Sirens and Hovering Helicopters' methinks…’ is closed to new replies.