Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tomtom on iPhone 3GS
  • footflaps

Anyone tried it yet?

I run it on my Windows Mobile phone and its superb, but I'm slightly worried about the 3GS as the compass is hopeless in the car – Google Maps just thinks I'm driving backwards all the time. On the WM it used the GPS for direction and doesn't suffer from this.

Also, anyone know if the W Europe maps cover the UK in the same detail as the UK & Ireland maps?

oxnop
    Free Member

I was advised not to bother with tomtom.

I got co pilot instead – much better reviews & only £25.

It's fantastic – auto updates on speed cameras etc

peteimpreza

I got TomTom for a road trip from the UK to Slovenia via France, Belgium, Holland, Germany and Austria.

It did not miss a beat either way, a journey of almost 3000 miles. Please note Slovenia is in the Eastern European version not the Western version.

In the UK I have had no issued with detail or lack thereof.

Recommended.

wheelz
    Free Member

I've just got Tom Tom on the iPhone, having previously used it on a WM6 HTC phone. Seems okay, but then I've only used it a couple of times so far. It actually looks better on the iPhone than it did on the HTC.

Free Member

Yep, used tomtom on an iphone for flippin ages, a bit of a delay when picking up a signal but that was only in the car with the heated front screen – everything else tip top.

however, that doesnt answer your question entirely as mine was an iphone 3g.
    jt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tomtom on iPhone 3GS’ is closed to new replies.