• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nathb.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • TomTom Multisport GPS Watch – Any good?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I am after a cheap GPS watch, as I am spending more time running as well as cycling.

For £65 it looks good?

It now looks like its been replaced by the Runner 2 ?

But comparisons look difficult to find?

Ta

nixie

Runner 2 replaced the runner not the multisport, I think the spark replaced the multisport. Runner and multisport are very similar expect the multisport allows selection of other sports. There are also cardio versions with on wrist HRM which sit between the models.

I’ve got a multisport. I quite like it as a watch and it does all I need. There have been issues with the sync to Android devices however this seems to mostly work at the moment (for a few months I had to borrow my wife’s iPad or use the PC upload). I paid double that a year ago so £65 is a good price and I’d be very happy with the features for that price.

TimP
    Free Member

Agreed. Use mine to link to Strava via Bluetooth through my phone (it transfers to TomTom site which you can link direct to strava). The Bluetooth connection is a bit slow, but it works. I link mine to a HRM too sometimes. Can pass as a watch (albeit a large digital one). The only issues I had are only being able to charge via the cradle which is proprietary and difficult to source if you break/lose it or leave it somewhere, and the bike mount is based around a 25.4mm bar and therefore has a tendency to split if left on a larger diameter bar.

Also note that the one with the extra bits (cadence and speed I think it was) also has an internal barometer thingy, but the standard one doesn’t. Not clear in the info when I was trying to buy one

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Looks worth it for the money then. Shame it won’t link to my ant + kit, but hay

moonsaballoon

Mines been fine for a couple of years . Use it to upload rides and runs to strava for which it is perfectly fine . Does Not really do anything else but mines been no problem . Only thing was the bike mount lasted about 3 rides before breaking but i just wore it as a watch until recently and i got another mount which seems to be lasting so hopefully it was a problem they fixed

tom.nash

Been using one for a year and been brilliant; doesn’t lose lock in thick trees, battery lasts for a full day of riding and easily uploads to strava (if you set it to). Some bargains on Sports Pursuit too!
    https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/tomtom-11072016

richmars

As above, really like it, looks ok, works and bluetooth upload.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Also like mine as a basic, no frills way of getting GPS data of runs, rides and races without taking a phone along. I found the bluetooth upload to phone a bit slow for longer routes so have mostly just stuck it in the charge cradle for uploading, other than that it’s solid. (Oh yeah in winter I sometimes hit lap accidentally with longer gloves or long sleeve jerseys, but I wear on my right wrist so you’re probably alright if it’s on the left. Doesn’t really affect the GPS data, just adds laps!)

Where is it £65 – I might get another as a spare (or for my wife, or maybe 2 hmmm…)?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

In the end Ive gone for the the TomTom Runner from wiggle £60. I want it mainly for running as have a Garmin for the bike. So will just switch sport in Strava etc if I do use it on the bike.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tomtom-runner-limited-edition/

Sportsdirect are doing the Multisport for £65, and then another £5 on top for delivery to store !

http://www.sportsdirect.com/tomtom-multisp-gps-cl99-760214?colcode=76021402

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

On offer today on Amazon for £50!

mikertroid
    Free Member

My G/F has the Spark Cardio + Music and it’s superb. If I was to buy a new device now (Fenix user now) I’d get a TomTom for sure.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I think a lot of people won’t buy one due to the ant+ non connectivity. Bad oversight in my opinion as I would of bought one recently but ended up with a garmin forerunner 230 as I was not buying another heart rate strap and cadence etc.

nathb
    Free Member

Good choice.

I’ve had my tomtom runner for around a year now – it’s simple to use and has never missed a beat.

I sync it to my phone just before I’m about to go for a run. This speeds up the GPS locking, otherwise it can take a couple of mins.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘TomTom Multisport GPS Watch – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.