Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TomTom Map Update Service – anyone have it?
  • cinnamon_girl

TomTom are offering 18 months of updates for the price of 12, ie £19.80.

Do roads really change that much? I do have an out-of-date road atlas but have never felt the need to replace it every year.

What's the consensus folks?

Thank you so much. 🙂

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Oddly, just sat down at laptop with Mrs MH's Tom Tom coz she sez it needs updating.

Watches with interest. I've been on some roads that weren't recognised recently.

Flash
    Free Member

I have, I thought for £7:00 a quarter, or what ever it works out at I might as well. The latest update has lots of features added (apparently)

As an aside why do the maps never update correctly on the first install?

jd-boy
    Free Member

I will be happy when I get my TT back from repair thats been away since May, having problems getting a screen for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for replies.

jd-boy – if it's any consolation mine took around 5 weeks, new screen too. It managed to fall off when driving – their rubbish windscreen mount.

Will a bimbo be able to install the map updates? 😳

Flash
    Free Member

The battery on my GO 730 wouldn't hold it's charge so they replaced it with a new one within days (about 11 months old), it then took me another four months to tell them the speed cameras had stopped up dating so they back dated the lost months.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Ha, talking about TT windscreen mounts, heres a good one, if you know Betws y Coed, coming away from there you go over the bridge, my friends were coming over the bridge, passenger window open, TT detached itself from the windscreen and went across the dash and out of the passenger window, stopped by the hotel and went back and picked it up and its still working.

GrahamS

I wouldn't really think about it as £20 for 18 months.
    Instead think of it as buying a £10 "road atlas" now, to update the old one you've got, and then buying another one in a year and a half.

It's pretty easy to update. If you already have the TomTom Home app (free download from them) on your PC then all you do is plug it in and it tells you about map updates.

The most frustrating thing I found was that updating the map sometimes seems to lose all your favourites, which is a real pain. Not sure if they've fixed that yet or not.

Flash
    Free Member

I'm sure you won't have a problem, I have Europe Maps that are larger than the storage available on the device.

cinnamon_girl

Well, upon further investigation, this is a total con! Purchased mine around 6 months ago so TomTom reckon I need a new map plus updates. Can't buy updates only unless it's under 3 months old. 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TomTom Map Update Service – anyone have it?’ is closed to new replies.