Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tomorrows the day
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

Just finished the build tonight and tomorrow will be the First commute on new machine.
    Never single speeded before.
    How hard cant it be 😳

Went for a girly 48×18 to try and ease myself into it

simondbarnes

Looks good in green. 48×18 is far from girly.

muggomagic

i like that it's proper bo. pass round the jaffa cakes, don't be stingey.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Can you get a bigger tooth freewheel than 18t then?! Gotta get me one if i can.

takisawa2

Thats ****' ace.
    Nice floor.

simondbarnes

Oh it's a freewheel? Now that is girly 🙂

edhornby

you'd struggle to get a freewheel bigger than 18 – you can get a chain ring smaller than 48 but I wouldn't bother, unless it's really hilly where you live.. stick with the gear that you have and see how you get on

andyl46
    Free Member

You must have landed on your head in that crash mate, you forgot the gears! Health to ride, and more observant drivers come to think of it…

samuri
    Free Member

Very nice, I like it a lot. Love the gold trim. 48×18 is not girly at all. That's reasonably butch. I could almost buy one for my commuting bike like that.

Well done, enjoy.

sofatester
    Free Member

Don't forget your spanners for when you puncture! 😉

barrykellett
    Free Member

Well I made it in.
    The first hill felt like a heart attack coming on but after that it was ok.

My thighs have a strange warm feeling on them now. Like I am standing against a radiator. Coincidence?

Going home is the real test.

samuri
    Free Member

Brilliant graph which means absolutely nothing at all. 😉

I want it to be heart rate against minutes ridden but I suspect it's height against mileage. Which would make it a fair old commute. Is it in Km?

barrykellett
    Free Member

Hehe, I can't even see the graph now I have just noticed! Where it is hosted is now barred on works internet. Pfft. I think its km yes.
    17.5 miles in real money anyway.

The homeward cycle isnt that steep, just a nice constant to the peak and then mostly downhill after that. Suppose its better than a flat boring 17.5mile open plain.

samuri
    Free Member

You need to change it to fixed to make that long ride back down the hill more interesting.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrows the day’ is closed to new replies.