Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Tomorrow's GT7 course
  • Northwind

That’s a good one tenacious_doug, and reminds me again you’re not bigdugsbaws 😳 I want one of me on the drop 🙁

I bought some photos off Ian years back, he’s never taken one of me since, it’s like he’s gone “got the Achievement for that dude, I’ll move on”

lucky7500

Another effort at posting mine as a link

joshvegas
    Free Member

So that’s how you’re supposed to do it

bigmandh
    Free Member

Where are the Ian Linton photos? There weren’t any on his site under tweedlove 2016

radoggair
    Free Member

found only 1 of me. Must be too slow

Northwind

I slightly blanked you earlier in the day, I think it’s the first time I’ve ever seen you not in a Dooley’s Cycles top 😆

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Where are the Ian Linton photos? There weren’t any on his site under tweedlove 2016

None up yet. I know Ian so was lucky to have mine “personally” delivered to my Facebook page! I’d expect they will be up soon.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Did anyone else find that Magic Mushroom was in need of some TLC?
    Braking bumps on the entry to several berms causing people to take an alternate narrow entry and sharper turn.

Northwind

There’s a big hole in the berm before the bridge but it’s been almost since we built it- it’s some sort of subsoil fault rather than a braking bump, I suppose we’ll fix it some time… Other’n that I don’t remember anything unusual (apart from the bit where a tree’s going to fall over and take out one of the bridges!)

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Didn’t notice anything untoward, nope. It’s perhaps not as smooth as it once was but certainly not in need of TLC. Thought it was riding well.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong folks, I have no particular problem with the condition of the trail, and enjoyed riding it, but when 80-90% of the riders I saw were not taking the natural entry to the berms, it suggests something is not quite working as intended.

Northwind

You’re not wrong but that’s waaaay below the level at which we start fixing stuff out of the normal routine, it’s more “ZOMG this bit’ll kill people” 😀 But if there’s anything that’s troublesome Andy’ll pick it up.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Well there’s a trailbuilding session tomorrow at which you could air your concerns whilst wielding a mattock. The problem isn’t the trail it’s people not being able to ride a berm or brake properly. They fly into those berms, panic and grab a handful of brake. As NW says it’s probably not a priority and it’s probably too dry to fix at the moment anyway.

Northwind

Good point that man… Tomorrow we’re going to be knocking B Side, last year’s new Enduro World Series stage down from the Mast, back into spec a bit- should be a good session. Starting at 9am in the old car park. We always need more people, to help safely defuse the cakes.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ll shovel shit tomorrow if someone points me to the meeting point.

*fails to read northwinds post*

Do we bring bikes with for testing?

joshvegas
    Free Member

In my defence if i didn’t take the natural entry to a berm its probably because i can’t ride for toffee

Northwind

It’s basically 9am to 1pm (you can bail earlier if you need to; though we’ll be right up the hill obviously so access isn’t so good) and then a lazy lunch and usually some riding, depends who’s all there. (riding bikes during sessions gives the rangers issues, if we die they have to fill out a load of forms… but it’s fine for us to go back afterwards and kill ourselves) I’m tight for time tomorrow so I’ll probably need to go for an antisocial quick ride…

Work on the really trailcentrey stuff tends to be pretty hard graft- lots of barrowing and moving material, and breaking existing trail up is heavy work, it’s like concrete… But this one is all forest floor and as-dug so no need for any of that crap

ChrisL

fifeandy – Member
    Did anyone else find that Magic Mushroom was in need of some TLC?
    Braking bumps on the entry to several berms causing people to take an alternate narrow entry and sharper turn.

If the bumps are resulting in people riding off the trail, or are beginning to directly undermine the trail or similar then they’ll probably become a priority for fixing. If not then I’d expect they’ll be left for a while.

In the past some maintenance work on Magic Mushroom has been decried as “trail sanitisation”, judging when something has changed from adding character to the trail to being a problem is a bit of a thankless task.

Additional people at Trailfairies to help eat cake are always welcome! 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Bit of a fail this morning but I WILL make extra special effort next time. Next fortnight right?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Yep. There’s a mailing list, ChrisL might be able to sort you out.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Can I be added to the mailing list? whoseyourguitarhero AT hotmail DOT com

ChrisL

There’s a mailing list, it’s an old school Yahoo group: https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/glentress-trailfairies

yourguitarhero – I’ve sent you an invite. Next session is on the 18th!

Northwind

2 weeks today Joshvegas, spot on. See you there or FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

(which are being gently mocked on STW. Live in fear)

joshvegas
    Free Member

Christ how can I get to sleep now?!

jimmy

We always need more people, to help safely defuse the cakes

Lolz

So *was* Brokeback in the race??

ChrisL

Northwind – Member
    2 weeks today Joshvegas, spot on. See you there or FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.

(which are being gently mocked on STW. Live in fear)

Northwind’s on holiday (you can probably tell if you went onto any of the neverending argument threads), so I’ve been deputised to carry out the gentle mocking. Josh, we’re not angry, we’re just disappointed. Bitterly, bitterly disappointed.

Note also that Northwind wasn’t at the session just past. So feel free to mock him (gently) too.

Next session is on the 16th of July, though there’s mutterings that a ride out may be planned for the 2nd, as there should be a session then but all the rangers are on their hols.

joshvegas
    Free Member

In my defence I’d forgotten about rude to the sun.

My very very bad.

I’ll take the consequences manfully.

honeybadgerx

Could someone add me to the trailfairies mailing list, must come along sometime and I don’t really do Facebook. Email in profile, ta!

ChrisL

honeybadgerx – done, provided that Google isn’t picky about which of its email domains your email address is associated with – I went with gmail.

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow's GT7 course’ is closed to new replies.