Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tomac bikes – any good?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

There’s a light 29er frame at CRC but it looks very blunt, generic almost. Anybody familiar with them? Or at least the brand?

swavis

I broke an Eli years ago and I know I’m not the only one. I’m sure that they’ll be fine now though 😛

Wally

You must be a youngster – not riding in the early 90’s
    The early frame Taos and Eli did have a bit of a record of snapping – but things went a bit quiet and then he started up another go at top end bikes. He is however a legend.

Bregante

The Tomac brand that was knocking the dodgy frames out 5 or 6 years back was an entirely different company to the Tomac that makes bikes today. I demo’d a snyper about two years ago and thought it was ace. Very light and responsive for 140 travel. I would have a look on mtbr for done reviews but I’m not aware of any reliability issues or warranty problems.

Edit: The old Tomac brand was owned by some big American conglomerate making Apollo type bikes for the mass Market. Jonny T is involved with the new company to some extent and gets involved with the marketing and stuff.

hopster
    Free Member

I really like the supermatic. If I had the money I’d love one as a lightweight trail bike. Tomac has some real input in the bikes and they get pretty positive reviews both here and the US. Tomac is also a legend. 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m considering the Flint 29er. Either this (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=46085) or a Chumba or a Scandal. Like the idea of being light but Chumbas look nicer and Scandals are cheaper. It’d be my first 29er, singlespeed and rigid, possibly with some flared bars. No idea what to do…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tomac bikes – any good?’ is closed to new replies.