Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Toilets (FitnessFirst)
  • Earl
    Free Member

Nothing else was open so took my 3y daughter into FitnestFirst as she needed to pee. Was told it was ‘members only’. Though about letting her go right there in reception.

What is with business?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do most places let kids in for free?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

hmm, good point, poor rant

ski
    Free Member

& they always leave it to the last second..

thomthumb
    Free Member

is she a member?

Earl
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Obviously you’ve never been a parent with a kid that needs to pee.

stumpy01

My sister has a little fold out potty thing for her kids to use if caught short.
    It has a bag in it with crystals in it that turn the pee to a solid gel. It can then be knotted up & disposed of.

Perhaps you need one of these??

EDIT – I should have added that while I can see them not letting adults walk in & use the loo’s they should perhaps show some discretion when dealing with young kids….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Earl. I appreciate your point and your frustration, and for a business seeking to recruit customers it would do them no harm, but…

Would you expect an office to let you in to do the same?
    Would you knock on a private house and expect them to let her in?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah come on, it’s just pettiness. **** jobsworths. When I’ve worked in shops and that, if someone desperately needed to use the loo, I’d let ’em. No bother, is it? And in a place like FF, where there are toilets for use by lots of people, what’s the harm in letting a child in to have a wee? Tossers.

Though about letting her go right there in reception.

That’s exactly what I would have done, actually. Then, I’d have had a shit myself, then thrown it in their faces. Bastards.

uplink
    Free Member

I would expect anywhere that let members of the public in to allow her, not sure an office or a private house is a good comparison

Personally, I’d have just ignored them & gone though [if you could]

highclimber
    Free Member

when a kid needs to go, they need to go. they don’t always understand that the nearest public toilet is miles away. Besides, its not like he wanted to breast feed her on their front desk! but, thats a whole other kettle of fish

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

let members of the public

They don’t though do they? They let members of a private club in?
    (as you’ve found out)

But yeah I’m inclined to think ‘**** jobsworths’ too tbh.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[DailySport headline] Man breastfeeds kid on front desk at fitness first [DailySport headline]

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP how did you resolve the problem? Back alley?

uplink
    Free Member

They should have more public bogs IMO

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I would have taken her in any way. There are ‘public’ (ok ,not quite) loos there.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Which one was it? Name and shame, then we’ll all send an email to the manager. (well, those of us who think it was out of order [the refusal, not the loo]).

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, no- better than that:

We all turn up en masse, demanding to use the loo. Those with young children, bring them along. When They refuse, we all defecate and urinate all over their foyer.

Then see how they like it…

It’s the only language these people understand.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No, but really, the e-mailing thing we can actually do

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Emails they can ignore.

A foyer waist-deep in Human Excrement they cannot, however….

MrNutt
    Free Member

You should have told them your daughter is addicted to heroin and needs some where discrete to cook up, fitnessfirst in Swindon always fall for that one when I’m rfid tagging the feral children of Swindon.

nuke

Can’t understand why you’re all getting worked up 😕

Their establishment, their choice. If I’d taken my kids in and got declined I would assume that was their policy and gone somewhere else… inconvenient maybe but not worthy of a rant imo

nickc

I thought that ‘shops’* open to the public have to let you use the facilities if you ask?

* businesses, trades, whatever…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, their choice but it doesn’t mean they didn’t chose to be dicks about it

the-muffin-man

🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yes, their choice but it doesn’t mean they didn’t chose to be dicks about it

How were they dicks about it? They said no, provided a reasonable justification.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Elfin – whilst I agree with you in principle, I cant help but notice that you seem a little, how can I put this, keen on the idea of flinging excrement. I would expect that from an enraged mandrill, for instance, but I’m somewhat intrigued that an otherwise urbane and intelligent individual such as yourself would consider acting as though he was starring in a rather niche gentleman’s relaxation film.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How is lack of membership a reasonable justification? It might be a rule, but it doesn’t mean the rule is reasonable

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never been refused anywhere when I have asked for my small child would have literally have let them pee outside the front door…that will learn them what a jobsworth.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

a rather niche gentleman’s relaxation film.

I know nothing of such things. This is Captain Flashheart’s territory.

I take my inspiration from the Maze Prison.

I cant help but notice that you seem a little, how can I put this, keen on the idea of flinging excrement.

Ooh yes. What’s not to like?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’ve been the ‘flingee’ on far too many occasions. Ah well, that’s forensic psychiatry for you!

cynic-al
    Free Member

So it’s their choice but they can’t say “members only” ❓

sweepy
    Free Member

To my mind the problem here is the lack of public facilities, and theres really no requirement for a private establishment to make up for that lack.
    Does seem a bit mean tho.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

They can, but that is what makes them dicks. Ef Earl was a member, but his daughter was not, they would still be able to refuse her. Would that still be ok by you?

cynic-al
    Free Member

They wouldn’t do that and you know it!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

But they could, and if someone complained here would you still say “They said no, provided a reasonable justification.”

saleem
    Free Member

Should have gone to Virgin, no to be honest I think a child should never be refused the use of any toilets be they be at a “private” gym or not, don’t think you’d have had that problem at the Solihull one.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

don’t think you’d have had that problem at the Solihull one.

Of course not! All of Solihull is a toilet.

saleem
    Free Member

That’s why I don’t live there. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

Charlie I’m only yanking your chain 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Toilets (FitnessFirst)’ is closed to new replies.