Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Toilet Roll
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

Is there a right or wrong way to put a toilet roll on the holder?

My wife keeps putting them on the wrong way, if she continues I might have to divorce her!

soobalias
    Free Member

yes there is, im willing to bet she is right.

paper should hang towards the wall.

wwaswas

aeshetics = hanging down fromt he back of the roll
    practical = hanging down at the front.

My wife and I have been having ‘toilet roll wars’ for about 15 years, she hangs it one way, I reverse it she changes it back if she notices. We’ve never talked about it, it just happens.

futuresorange
    Free Member

I would imagine your wife would be correct which ever way round it hangs 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Toilet roll holder?

You live in the south don’t you?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

You’re all WRONG!

stumpy01

bog roll hangs over the top of the roll and to the front of the roll.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Andrex has pictures of the puppy on them, if you hang it towards the wall the pictures are upside down. Therefore, the right way must be to hang it away from the wall.

The wife hangs it towards the wall. I’m sure she does it on purpose. I’m not sure how much more I can take…

iDave
    Free Member

left hand and plenty of water….

Rubber_Buccaneer

Holder? I have a young boy to hand me sheets one at a time.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s called bog roll.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s called Skid Flannels.

Junkyard
    Free Member

as long a syou can reach it from the throne why would anyone notice or care?

Hohum
    Free Member

It’s called jobbie paper!

Well, that’s what my eldest used to call it when she was little.

psychle
    Free Member

More importantly… do you fold or crumple? me, I’m a folder… though, tbh I do occasionally go with a 50/50 fold/crumple mix 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter which way it hangs but you do need to make sure that the pieces you fold to make the decorative point, go backwards so they can’t be seen from the seated position.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m a folder

Are you, you know, on the other bus? Bat for the other side?

Hohum
    Free Member

Never folded in my life.

Crumpling increases the effective surface area IMO.

Coyote
    Free Member

Bum fodder.

Cougar

Away from the wall.

If you like it up against the wall, well, I don’t need to finish this sentence do I.

andy_hamgreen

lol – nothing like STW for the examination of the scatalogical details of the nation !
    i remember getting sent something at work once which examined the psychology of the behaviour of people in a multi trap enviroment in the workplace – fascinating….if you like that sort of thing

DrRSwank
    Free Member

FFS.

OK, toilet roll rules:-

1. The roll will always hang with the next available sheet away from the wall.
    2. Folding the next available sheet so it looks like you are in a hotel is not acceptable – it makes you look strange.
    3. Toilet roll should only be purchased in WHITE. Anything else looks wrong against the colour of poo.
    4. Four sheets may be used for an initial wipe, but only when folded neatly. This is to prevent MIFP (Moisture Induced Finger Penetration).
    5. Men – wipe from back to front.
    6. Women – wipe from front to back.
    7. Once the initial wipe is performed fewer sheets may be used – BUT must still be folded.
    8. For later wipes it is acceptable to wipe and then additionally fold the used paper – so saving sheets.
    9. Toilet roll is only for use in the toilet. It should not be used as tissues or carried in ones pockets.
    10. It is acceptable for men (and only men) to look at the wiped tissue to see what the poo consists of.

DONE!

farmer-giles
    Free Member

11. reading bog literature whilst wiping should NOT be entertained
    12. do not spill your bog brew on the paper

philconsequence
    Free Member

do you not find your “tackle” gets in the way?

wombat

It should be hung by one corner so that the text is the right way up to allow a casual recap of the previous day’s/week’s news

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No.

Wiping the other way just seems wrong. I know ladies need to do it for sanitary reasons, but us fellas don’t.

Rubber_Buccaneer

4. Four sheets may be used for an initial wipe
    6. Women – wipe from front to back.

Can’t be right, if I remember correctly you are only allowed three sheets. One to wipe up, one to wipe down & one to polish.

teef
    Free Member

It’s called Shit Roll – as overheard from Chavvy looking woman in Tesco once “We need some Shit Roll Darren”

letmetalktomark

Is toilet paper not kept in a plastic box next to the loo?

Dibbs
    Free Member

My wife and I have been having ‘toilet roll wars’ for about 15 years, she hangs it one way, I reverse it she changes it back if she notices. We’ve never talked about it, it just happens.

It’s 27 years in my case 🙄 (hanging down the front is the only correct way) 🙂

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Hanging down the front. Then it doesn’t stick to the wall when there’s condensation.

Having a Park bog roller holder though, one can have it any which way one wishes very easily though. Head angle is a touch steep for freeride wiping though, and over agressive use can lead to the QR failing and the roll pulling out the holder, with potentially catastrophic consequences. Swapping to a Shimano QR helps, but I’m waiting for a 20mm maxle compatible version to be released before upgrading.

– oh and it’s 4 wipes – an up wipe, a down wipe, a dry wipe and a polish. 🙂

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

The bog roll sits on it’s side atop the shelf handily provided by the bog roll holder.
    The holder has some springy plastic spindle thing, but I’m not sure what it’s for..

McHamish
    Free Member

After I got married I discovered there’s a right way to do a lot of things…I’ve been doing them all wrong my entire life.

verses

philconsequence – Member

+1

!!!

avdave2

paper should hang towards the wall.

Yes, if you live in a trailer park and sleep with your sister.

philconsequence
    Free Member

thank you verses!!

a) unless some people have near non-existent danglies i fail to see how it couldnt get in the way?!

and

b) why on earth would you wipe towards your nuts?

lipseal
    Free Member

Strips of the Daily Echo here…..coz we is ard up norf!

Militant_biker

Having a Park bog roller holder though, one can have it any which way one wishes very easily though. Head angle is a touch steep for freeride wiping though, and over agressive use can lead to the QR failing and the roll pulling out the holder, with potentially catastrophic consequences. Swapping to a Shimano QR helps, but I’m waiting for a 20mm maxle compatible version to be released before upgrading.

😀 Tres amusant!

And it’s Shit Ticket, and it hangs away from the wall. Although if my wife replaces it, it’s normally sat on the floor below the empty roll, until I come along and tidy it up 😈

headfirst
    Free Member

Here’s where I stand (or sit):

– away from the wall
    – folded, number of pieces depends on quality and thickness of loo roll, so as to avoid MIFP. Usually its 4.
    – wipe away from my nuts
    – check after every wipe

monotokpoint
    Free Member

what a clever boy you are

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Toilet Roll’ is closed to new replies.