Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Toilet etiquette / behaviour again (I love it)
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Our office toilets have two traps and one urinal. This morning, I had a particularly irate mole at the counter and made my way to the toilets.

As I entered, both traps were occupied. Then the door to trap 2 opened and the pooer exited to perform ablutions.

What did I do?

I went to the urinal and pretended to have a pish. Despite the urgency of my situation, I couldn’t bring myself to get on the hot seat.

Is this normal?

Now empty of Salford.

Yak

Not normal.
    Now I like a cold seat as much as the next person, but a hot seat isn’t the biggest of daily issues. MTFU

Or you could have nipped into the ladies?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hop up and down on alternate feet, clutching the seat of your trousers repeating “Get back inside, Brown!”.

wwaswas

The problem is if you go in and find a complete mess in the bowl or a failed flush.

In normal circumstances I’d leave immediately but if the previous pooer is still there what do you do? I’m with the OP, play it safe and come back in 10 minutes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got any good bushes in the car park?

johndoh
    Free Member

Jump on the seat and embrace the warmth. Then show your supreme confidence by dropping the kids off loudly and proudly whilst your nemesis is still there washing their hands.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bang on the door of the still occupied second cubicle and proclaim loudly that you’re touching cloth.

Wait until you hear the flush and then , before the door opens, quickly dart into the empty first cubicle thus allowing the seat to cool and ensuring that the entire place is empty to allow you to enjoy your China Cruise in peace.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

If the guy coming out of the cubicle did not state ” Ooh, I’d give it 5 minutes if I were you” then he made the first etiquette faux par.

jimdubleyou

Just do it the “bad” way.

derek_starship
    Free Member

It’s not just the seat temperature, there’s the possibility of entering and inhaling a faecal coliform cloud.

bigblackshed

wwaswas – Member
    The problem is if you go in and find a complete mess in the bowl or a failed flush.

In normal circumstances I’d leave immediately but if the previous pooer is still there what do you do? I’m with the OP, play it safe and come back in 10 minutes.

You wouldn’t last 10 minutes at my works. If you find the serial trap wrecker then you walk round and embarrass someone until they go and clear it up. There’s no airs and graces here.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Chamber pot?

perchypanther
    Free Member

newrobdob
    Free Member

faecal coliform cloud.

Didn’t they some minor success in the charts in the 80’s?

aP
    Free Member

Face mask on, toilet paper over the seat.

wwaswas

Didn’t they some minor success in the charts in the 80’s?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In case the OP is still reading, make sure you check after flushing and wash your hands – how warm was it?

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

The problem is if you go in and find a complete mess in the bowl or a failed flush

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONcVfjjD5sw[/video]

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I had a particularly irate mole at the counter

Brilliant, I had a similarly irate rodent last sunday, only just made spoons in time. Could’ve been messy….

woody2000

mmmm, “shoeburyness”

Harry_the_Spider

It depends on the exitee.

If it was somebody that you would regard as “clean” i.e. somebody you would happily share a lift or a protracted car journey with then I’d just grit my teeth and get on with it. If it was the sort of person who is regarded as a bit of a “grubby/dirty b’stard” then I’d find an empty conference room and crap in the bin.

But that’s just me.

tomhoward

I feel the OPs pain.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its when you burst in to find the spanish guy cleaning his teeth again.

Awkward when you unleash the gates of hell with a trimphant crescendo of bottom brass as accompaniment.

DrJ

If you inadvertently go into a bog with a mess, do you give it a brush before leaving, or do you just leg it and run the risk that you will be spotted and fall under suspicion of being a mucky bar steward?

Harry_the_Spider

Reminds me of an incident from my youth.

Got caught short in a Tapas bar in Manchester. Was sat quietly minding my own business in trap 2 when two young men installed themselves in trap 1 and embarked on noisy and protracted intercourse. Now I’ve got nothing against that sort of thing, but it did put me right off my squid in tomato and garlic sauce.

DrJ

it did put me right off my squid in tomato and garlic sauce

Serves you right for eating in the toilet.

ThePinkster

Isn’t the OP’s post the sort of situation that the disabled toilet was invented for?

redmex
    Free Member

This thread reminded me of the time whilst working at a primary school the toilet we were permitted to use wasthe disabled anyway i went for a pee but quickly realised the bowl and seat had been pebbledashed with a beigey brown harl, in my haste to escape i pulled the red string thinking it was the light switch then in an instant 2 young teachers come straight to my aid
    I said honest it wasn’t me not sure if they believed me

matt_outandabout

Ours were busy today. There were three of us washing hands when one unfortunate soul in trap 3 had what can only be described as a dwarf blowing a tuba full of trout moment.

There was a moment of awkwardness, as the room was evacuated.

I’m still trying to work out a suitable quip for ‘next time’ the situation arises.

andyl
    Free Member

you sit on a toilet seat that is not n your own home?

slowoldman

You must struggle when on holiday.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just do it the “bad” way.

Which is actually the correct way.

slowoldman

Well, on the appropriate toilet.

lesgrandepotato

I’m not sure quite what the issue is, if it’s a failed flush or a skiddy mark what’s about to happen?
    That’s right, you are going to shit over it.
    I’m not sure it matters that much under these circumstances. If you were to eat off it yes, but opening the Bombay doors and dropping trowel?

nealglover
    Free Member

you sit on a toilet seat that is not n your own home?

Why the hell wouldn’t I ?!
    Monday to Friday I’m getting paid a decent amount of money to take a dump.

Weekends almost annoy me, when I have to do it without getting paid, AND pay for the paper/water/electricity 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Weekends almost annoy me, when I have to do it without getting paid, AND pay for the paper/water/electricity

Fit it in round Tesco trips?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m not sure quite what the issue is, if it’s a failed flush or a skiddy mark what’s about to happen?

[img]http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/2016/05/10/gene-simmons-kiss.jpg[/img]

wordnumb
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Fit it in round Tesco trips?

*clean up in aisle 7*

chrisdw
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Toilet etiquette / behaviour again (I love it)’ is closed to new replies.