Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Toenail fungal infections any products that work?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Hi Anyone used a product that not just says it will kill a nail infection but actually does!

Cheers!

mattbee

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve tried the Curinails stuff and its rubbish.
    The instructions state apply once a week for the next year..
    And it was very expensive for what it was.

I’ve tried it, it didn’t work.

Mackem

I just hacked off my nail. Grew back and seems ok now.

tommytowtruck

Go to the doctors.

zippykona

Go to your doctor and get prescribed terbinafine.
    It starts working immediately.

v8ninety

A three month course of Terbinafine, orally, will sort it, and while its at it, rid you of any athletes foot and leave you with peachy fresh feet to the point that when you take your socks of at the end of the day they don’t even smell worn.

Doctors aren’t too keen on prescribing it though, due to potentially significant side effects (which I didn’t experience)

v8ninety

This is a high five moment, zippykona.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers guys

benman
    Free Member

Same experience for me. Branded products were no use – Terbinafine cleared it up within a few months. Had to have a blood test every 6 weeks though, to make sure it wasn’t rotting my liver… the doctors weren’t too keen on prescribing it.

falkirk-mark

You can get the paint on stuff from the docs as well if you do not want to go down the oral route.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loceryl-nail-lacquer-nail-fungal-cure-/230888698754?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Nails_Manicure_Pedicure_CA&hash=item35c209f382
    This stuff (though its meant to be prescribed so I do not know how its on the bay)

Footbath with Potassium permanganate

That stuff which turns a litre of water purple with just one speck.

bigyinn
    Free Member

This was my experience, curanail did reduce it, but didnt get rid of it. I’ve suffered with fungal nail on my big toe for years (5yo son calls it my green toe :oops:).
    They usually trot out that they can describe tablets, but your liver may explode in a ball of flames, so havent had it yet.
    Time to go back methinks and ask for it by name!

zippykona

Was never told about side effects but hey,live fast ,die young but with nice feet.

carlphillips
    Free Member

curanail/loceryl will work with MINOR infections, IME (podiatrist) anything more than 25% of the nail infected then you will need oral terbinafine on prescription from your GP.

you may need way more than 3 months prescription.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Drink a bottle of absinthe.

Pull offensive offending nail off using good pliers.

Poor phenol over now exposed nailbed.

Dress bloody mess as best you can whilst completely trousered.

Retire to bed.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You actually did that didn’t you Derek. 😯

Saccades
    Free Member

Noxifil – don’t muck about.

ononeorange

I tried the Curanail route, it did very little (nothing in fact), so I went to my GP in frustration after a couple of years. She prescribed something (not sure what) and said only that would shift it. She suggested that there were inded potential side effects, I then checked these on the net, the side effects were horrific (to me) – potential liver and kidney failure were prominent.

However minor the possibility, I wasn’t risking those (I don’t like taking any drugs as a rule) so didn’t and continued with the Curanail. Toenail fell off again and so then I covered it in surgical spirit. It then grew back completely healthy and I now have a happy foot.

I am very pleased with my non drugs-based self treatment……

DickBarton

Terbinafin failed for me…but it is a 20 year old issue…one nail wont attach, 1 breaks and flakes and the other is a weird shape…had the terbinafin for a year with no improvement…resigned to never getting rid of it…looks bloody awful!

wwaswas

Has no one asked for pics yet?

v8ninety

one nail wont attach, 1 breaks and flakes and the other is a weird shape…resigned to never getting rid of it…looks bloody awful!

Only one solution left…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the wife used Loceryl Nail Lacquer recently and it worked for her…

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/skin-and-hair/medicines/loceryl-nail-lacquer.html

notmyrealname
    Free Member

+1 for the Loceryl.
    I’ve been using it and you can see it starting o work after a few weeks.
    If you get it prescribed off your GP you can get a couple of bottles of it which will last you until it’s sorted. It’s cheaper that way than buying Curanail over the counter.

properbikeco
    Free Member

neat car antifreeze – probably not very good for you though

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Tea Tree Oil. Naturally fungicidal.

Dip on dodgy nail every night for weeks. File it thinner too.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Terbinefine +1

I had a grim nail that was infected too deeply for the surface treatments. You have to persevere diligently because it takes a while but excellent results after a few weeks. I saw a healthy line start growing from the cuticle out and it took a good 10 weeks in the end but well worth it and properly sorted.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Toenail fungal infections any products that work?’ is closed to new replies.