Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Todmorden / Hebden Bridge
  • DelPaggio
    Free Member

Hi All, I have been exploring the Dark Peak a lot recently after moving to the area, am looking to start doing more around Todmorden/Hebden now as well as there seems to be a fair bit of decent riding to be had.

If anyone knows of a decent guide book or can suggest some must ride trails, some local knowledge would be much appreciated. I am going to take a look at Lee Quarry, but more inclined to try out some natural stuff..

I generally manage to fudge my way down the trails in the Dark Peak and ride xc, if there is comparable riding to be had I will start exploring the area more.

Any input much appreciated,
    Thanks.

ElShalimo

New south pennines book out this year, not sure if its any good but the rotues look okay on paper.

hora
    Free Member

If I ever get away from DIY/refurb I’ll see if I can show you some new trails round there.

DelPaggio
    Free Member

Thanks ElShalimo, suspect I will be receiving post in the next few days.

Hora, sounds good – will probably be heading that way weekend of 16th/17th if you are free? I’ll be the lanky one wearing lycra..

If anyone can suggest some good natural bits to add onto Lee Quarry I am going with a mate from work this weekend and fancy adding to the distance.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i live in todmorden and its full of trails, its part of the mary townly loop as well, walsden/todmorden/Hebden bridge, go to blazing saddles in hebden bridge, the local bike shop they sell a booklet of all the trails around this area if you need one 😀 but its awesome for mtb

MadBillMcMad

DP,

you could start at Edenfield, head up to Cowpe, do Cragg Quarry, head over to Lee Quarry and then head back – that is our night ride tomorrow

or perhaps start from Rochdale area and head over up Rooley Moore road on the Mary Towneley Loop and loop clockwise via Whitwoth taking in Cragg & Lee quarries.

RustyNissanPrairie

MadBillMcMad – Member

DP,

you could start at Edenfield, head up to Cowpe, do Cragg Quarry, head over to Lee Quarry and then head back – that is our night ride tomorrow

or perhaps start from Rochdale area and head over up Rooley Moore road on the Mary Towneley Loop and loop clockwise via Whitwoth taking in Cragg & Lee quarries.

what time and where? im an Edey local and might tag along.

hora
    Free Member

Hora, sounds good – will probably be heading that way weekend of 16th/17th if you are free? I’ll be the lanky one wearing lycra

Would love to but I’ve got the 20th as a deadline to move in/move out of our old place. Anytime beyond that is good. Not riding is so not on 🙁

elaineanne
    Free Member

have we got a definate ‘date’ yet for the ‘link path’ from lee quarry to cragg quarry… does anyone know….. hopefully Ed Ox could shed sum lite on this please ….

Simon

Elaine,see this thread. Tony L reckons it’ll be finished by the end of the month.

elaineanne
    Free Member

ah cheers simon ! nice one.. :mrgreen:

DelPaggio
    Free Member

Cheers MadBill, will plot that on the map and give it a try.

Hora, weekend after might be do-able, 23rd/24th alright with you? I’m going on holiday not long after for a couple of weeks so starts to get tricky for me from then on.

Hope the move goes well, I promise I won’t talk to you about soft furnishings or anything house related!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Todmorden / Hebden Bridge’ is closed to new replies.