• This topic has 52 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Dave.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Toddler dies after being left in car.
  • DezB
    Free Member

I think it’s just discussing a news story, which is what people do, isn’t it? If you’re not interested in discussing it pick another thread ffs.

Can’t see how it’s really a mistake to ‘learn from’ though.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Despite how a few want to take this thread the OP was done with good intention.

If it makes a few think twice when passing a car with a child left inside then its a good thing.

Besides, the OP has made all the prerequisites of a STW post. Thus allowing the usual suspects to come and have a rant. All is right in the world.

GrahamS

No, Graham I won’t leave leave it. This thread isn’t tasteless or rubbernecking as some would have it, it’s a case of learning from the mistakes of others rather than your own.

Edukator: I actually agreed with the original premise that a bit of public awareness is sometimes a good thing, but when you said:

“I haven’t been trolling, I now will. “

You turned a potentially sensitive discussion and expression of sympathy into an internet willywave. That’s the bit that is tasteless. 😐

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

This is a new low.

philconsequence
    Free Member

dezB +1

kids die, are we not allowed to discuss or acknowledge that? i’m quite perplexed by the reaction to this thread 😕

even if it’s not a PSA thread, does that matter?

aracer
    Free Member

I’m 100% with edu here. Can everybody on this thread honestly claim it hasn’t made any difference at all to their attitude seeing a toddler alone in a car? If so you’re better men/women than me. Who as a parent hasn’t thought “I could just leave little one asleep in the car here while I pop into the shop” even if you’ve had the sense not to do it – not everybody does realise it’s not a good idea.

If we’re doing trolling, then TJ and ernie would appear not to have kids, which makes a difference to their perspective on this. For all those complaining about the very existence of the thread – why exactly did you open it in the first place if you’re not rubber neckers?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If we’re doing trolling, then TJ and ernie would appear not to have kids

FFS, what do you know whether I’ve got kids or not ? And WTF has it got to do with this thread ? Are you seriously suggesting that people without children have a “different perspective” about whether children should be allowed to die in cars ? Sort yourself out mate, ffs.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ernie – you should know by now that in STWland if you have any opinion about anything to do with children without having a dozen of your own you will get flamed

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

FFS, what do you know whether I’ve got kids or not

I thought that was clear in the statement you quoted above

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What statement I quoted ? Or is this another one of your attempts to engage in a silly playground-style argument with me CharlieMungus ? If that’s the case, then let’s save time by declaring you the “winner” straight away.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Soryy, ernie but you’ll have to read it. I wasn’t looking to engage you in an argument, I know you don’t do that. I was merely pointing out that the answer to your question

FFS, what do you know whether I’ve got kids or not

was in fact answered in the line which you quoted in your response.

If we’re doing trolling, then TJ and ernie would appear not to have kids

Hope that helps.

But, can i be the winner anyway?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Despite how a few want to take this thread the OP was done with good intention.

Yes you can almost always say that an SBZ thread was started with good intentions and not to provoke a reaction like this
    He did not do this as a PSA
    I have kids therefore shuttup and listen I must be right I have bred
    Clearly soime issue being a parent will add greater insight …leaving your kid in a car is not one of them

Dave
    Free Member

Thread closed due to the usual few bickering.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Toddler dies after being left in car.’ is closed to new replies.