Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Toddler bike helmets
  • lillyb
    Free Member

Hi. Has any one else had an issues with toddler biking helmets? We have bought 2 (the second one a mistake, as I forgot to check) where the headband is attached to the shell by Velcro. The problem with this, is at best, the headband slips over the kids eyes and worse that the shell can detach from the headband and head. Isn’t this a design flaw? They wouldn’t get away with this in an adult helmet. Neither have been cheaper makes (Giro and Claude Butler. Just thought I would check, thanks

kimbers

Got a met and bell ones for my lads, both proper helmets and fit well ()ages 2 and 4)

moniex
    Free Member

Casco, had one for my lad when he was small. Best small helmet I’ve seen, but expensive.

They only get one head…

benpinnick

+1 for Mets – their toddler helmet is simply perfect (for a tiny head).

lillyb
    Free Member

Thanks, I have a new helmets now (a Lazer for one and a Abus for the other) both seem great helmets I am just concerned that helmet are out there from reputable makes, and I believe they are not fit for purpose. Why do they make them with parts that can detach from each other.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Met Elfo (I think) – small, tough, cheap and looks good. My boy’s on his second.

csb

I agree entirely lillyb we have an absolutely shite one that has a Velcro band that separates from the helmet itself, called a spike hedgehog thing. Terrible design.

Harry_the_Spider

Trek / Bontrager ones are good too. Just scaled down versions of the adult version (to my untrained eye) with proper straps, padding and adjustment.

Prior to that we had something from ELC which was hopeless and got binned rather quickly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Toddler bike helmets’ is closed to new replies.