• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Today's ride with pics. Warning – southerners enjoying fantastic weather content
  • Eleven Dorset Rough Riders at Badbury Rings (Wimborne)

The rings looked mystical today. Ground still wet with dew.

Not quite rideable.

Wide blue yonder.

Only one puncture today despite the newly cut hedges.

Towards Tollard Royal

Mixed views about the Larmer Tree folly. Marmite.

Grassy climb out from Cashmoor

Welcome shade at Harley Gap. Getting hot now.

Mandy powering through Sovell Down

Couldn’t do a ride without a stop at Gabby’s

26 miles exactly. Teriffic ride today, could be a long wait for anything like this.

scraprider
    Free Member

looks nice , spend a wonderful day my self on dartmoor with mrs scraprider, like you gonna ba a while before we see this weather again.

nick1962
    Free Member

Unbelievable weather,I’m jealous. When it eventually stopped raining up here managed to get a couple of very damp and very muddy hours in…almost wearing out both sets of sintered brake pads in the process.Muddy kit clogging up the washer as I write

RealMan
    Free Member

Also had a wonderful day in Dartmoor too. Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery as always. Absolutely slaughtered ourselves though, I can hardly move at the moment.

instanthit
    Free Member

Also on Dartmoor today, well bivvy last night, then riding in shortsleeves at 7.30am this morning. Now its beer time.

grum
    Free Member

Great weather but the trails look far too extreme to me.

RealMan
    Free Member

😆

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Looks grand but I thought this was a site for mountain bikers, there dosen’t appear to be a hill in site 😉

fergal
    Free Member

Pony treking on bicycles!!, thanks for that TJ.

I’m just jealous peeing it down all day in Newcastle.

Only little hills today. Just wanted to do some fast dusty trails before it all turns to porridge…

br
    Free Member

North Downs for us, and sun was almost blinding as it reflected off the chalk 🙂

lesa
    Free Member

Leigh to Northwich along the canal for me and the wife. Back home by road and rained all the way home to.
    But a very good bike ride.

yunki
    Free Member

Is rough rider slang for cider in the Dorset like what it is in Devon..?

my day went :

2.5 stone Yunki Jr in the baby seat.. some nice disused railway action.. a bit of riverside singletrack and a little pootle round the woods..
    followed by swings in the park.. (swing obsession) which led to tears at hometime..
    Followed by a puncture.. and a knackered spare tube.. got home two hours later than expected eventually (with another flat and knackered hub).. 😀

rOcKeTdOg

i love that icecream farm , just past the anchor, great in the sunshine!

M6TTF
    Free Member

No hills no rocks, no fun

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Looks Rad! Surprised you rode without pads.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m a jealous northerner as it was moderately cloudy today, but hay at least we have hills 🙂

cakefacesmallblock

Meantime about 150 miles further north, getting a little bit further away from the flat earth society and still no rain ! Not til tonight anyway………

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

wow that’s an awesome hill

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No hills no rocks, no fun

That is such a shonky, blinkered attitude. Riding bikes if fun. It doesn’t matter where, how or when. It’s about being outside, with some mates, in some beautiful, peaceful countryside in fantastic weather.

Every year I try to do a ride like this in Autumn. It’s what gets me through the winter: Spending a whole day, doing a lot of miles and just being outside in nice weather. One STWer calls it “Taking the bike for a walk” and that’s it in a nutshell.

Every ride has it’s place, Alps, trail centres, bridleways….

It looks fantastic to me!

timnwild

This is us recovering from a botched jump at Chanctonbury Ring last SundayChanctonbury jump fail

sefton
    Free Member

need some mountains for them mountain bikes 😉

grum
    Free Member

Grassy climb out from Cashmoor

Looks pretty gruelling. 😛

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Today's ride with pics. Warning – southerners enjoying fantastic weather content’ is closed to new replies.