Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Todays Ride Giggles.
  • singlespeedstu

Today for the first time in a very long time we took our tandem out.
    Took ages to get it into any kind of shape that was fit for riding offroad.
    My own fault for letting it sit at the back of the garage all unloved and neglected…
    So the ride was a bit of a slog and as is usual we weren’t flowing together at all after not being on it for ages.
    Towards the end of the ride we started to get it together and on the run in to home on the tarmac we caught a roady napping and flew past him on a small climb over a bridge.
    Freeride handsignals, supertacky tyres buzzing and flouresent riding gear flapping about in the wind. For those few seconds we waz AWSUM.*

*Then we turned off before he passed us back. 😳

Tell us about your insignificant ride LOLZ from the weekend.

Houns

I LOLZED at two clowns whom I thought were on the run from the local circus as they zoomed past me on their tandem whilst I was enjoying a pint at the Nav

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Passing a car with young lovers in they’d reversed up a small forestry track so tight we to couldn’t ride past but dismount and squeeze past, the young lady was not impressed to say the least

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I was happily enjoying a blast down one of the combes on the Quantocks when I startled an elderly lady relieving herself down the bank at the side of the trail 😯

It wasn’t too bad until she decided to stand up with her big white granny pants still round her knees 🙁 I’m still trying to decide if it was amusing or if I’m going to need counselling and eye bleach 😆

stevedoc
    Free Member

A few to many giggles today , screaming past a bunch of roadies climbing up Blue Johns ,on my decent and passing another bunch on the brakes , looking down and seeing 71 kph no wonder they looked shocked

And riding the Beast for the the first time and watching my friends both go for a burton , all ok until I realized I was the one missing his speedo

bigdaddy

For me it was seeing a large group (maybe 20) people in bright white all covering gowns, just off the sl2 trail on leith hill this morning, in some kind of gathering. Looked like the ku klux klan, although I’m sure it wasn’t…

yunki
    Free Member

Little bit of schadenfreude at my own expense..

I posted (rather smugly) on Friday about my plans for the weekend, with a child free evening and a new car I was off to Dartmoor to ride into the night and then sleep in the new car allowing me to ride into the dawn when I woke the next morning..

It all went pretty well to start with..

I thought I’d ballsed it up initially as I’d only taken a light windproof and there was a bitter Northeasterly that rendered the warm sun redundant, but once I was on the move I realised that I was dressed appropriately..

My mistake was in only taking a joke Ikea sleeping bag which meant that I woke every 20 minutes shivering, having to estimate whether my core temp was still at a safe enough level to stay out..
    Cue no proper rest and a dash for home in the morning to warm up (and I slept through the sunrise)

adventure FAIL

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Took Little Miss CFH out on her balance bike today. She got going just a little too quickly and had another big OTB. She leapt up, dusted herself down, and then looked at her bike and said, “Daddy? Bike big bump?”

Translation – “Daddy? Is my bike OK?”

She’ll go far! 8)

scaredypants

you sure it doesn’t mean “needs moar travel” ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

you sure it doesn’t mean “needs moar travel” ?

😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Todays Ride Giggles.’ is closed to new replies.