Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Todays Qs STW group ride route test. (pics)
  • cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the thought snaps!! The SSD’s know what a big wuss/rubbish rider I am 😆

snaps
    Free Member

MN – Its very rocky in the shadows – I try to stay high on the right & drop down to the left just at the end of the shadow, but speed might be the answer!

CG – If the expected numbers show up it will turn into a slowish pace with loads of faffage for picture & micky taking when people fall over in the stream crossings – I’m guessing.

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, that’ll be me doing lots of walking then!

cinnamon_girl

Is it too early to ask what bike, what tyres etc?

snaps
    Free Member

I’m always on a full sus Marin but Sharki rides a hardtail & Knottie is regularly on a SS, so what ever you feel most comfortable on.
    Tyres – I’ve got a 2.5 High roller on the front & a nearly bald Michelin on the rear unless I can be assed to change it!

MrNutt
    Free Member

when is this feast of mutual derision, behind hand muttering and finger pointing occurring? will I have to hire a tux?

cinnamon_girl

snaps – I’ve a narrow mud tyre on the front, will that be OK?

MrNutt – are you joining us? We need more representatives from the SSD. Finger pointing – what’s that about??!!

snaps
    Free Member

Theres very little mud up there, plenty of water splashes/stream crossings & a few sections of loose gravely rock – I’ve not used mud tyres for years so can’t comment really.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just got back from a quick ride on the Q’s, the trails are drying out nicely despite some overnight rain, I bumped into knottie and charlie just about to go and check out some alternative routes for next weekend.
    as for tyres I really wouldn’t worry too much, mud tyres won’t be needed whatever the weather but pretty much anything else will do. Just make sure they’re pumped up well before the ride, you don’t want to be the one holding the rest of the group up due to a pinch puncture. 🙄

sharki
    Free Member

mrnutt.
    In that pic the easiest for most riders is to stay right and drop it in at the last and rail the corner as you said however the fastest line is to stay left in the gully where it gets abit messy but throws you into corner much quicker.margin for error and chance of painful stack bigger.

MrNutt
    Free Member

really? staying left? do you ride a looong bike or a shrt snappy bike?

sharki
    Free Member

small chameleon.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Todays Qs STW group ride route test. (pics)’ is closed to new replies.