Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Todays Qs STW group ride route test. (pics)
  • scaredypants

Is this next weekend (14th) ?

Even I’d try to get my arse moving for a guided trip round there, but working next w/e 🙁

knottie8
    Free Member

“It seems like the majority of riders coming, doubt or underestimate their abilitiy on a bike”
    yeah , and then turn up and out ride us all !

sharki
    Free Member

scaredypants
    Is this next weekend (14th) ?

Even I’d try to get my arse moving for a guided trip round there, but working next w/e

It’s on the 21st or the 22nd for a more intimate Quantocks ride..

snaps
    Free Member

Sharki – what time do you expect to finish? my birthdays on 21st & some mates are talking about going out for a meal.

saladdodger
    Free Member

It’s ok paul I will be wearing my red rambleing socks so I look like a true walker when pushing 😉

sharki
    Free Member

Snaps, should be around 4ish, but i’ve 40 odd riders to try to lose in the hills first, you know the toxs well enough to pull out at any stage, starting at crowcombe we’ll always be within 30 mins of the cars..

There will be a bit of grub laid on for after the ride if i know how many plan to stick around for a bit, so if you’ve got to dash at least it’ll leave more for me…. 😉

There will also be a Van form the lbs coming up at 9.00/9.15 with some free goodies and stuff to purchase, like spare tubes, pads, etc…

cinnamon_girl

Wow, the Quantock riders sound such a lovely bunch 😀

I admit my complete lack of skill on a bike, shall be the token wuss rider, walking over roots, drop offs, steps etc. But if The Chimney has been tarmac’ed I will ride it 8)

Thanks again guys.

sharki
    Free Member

If the local gypo’s tarmac it, it’ll end up like chapel gate in the peaks……gnarly!

charlierevell
    Free Member

Looks like i’ll be following on and clearing your Tasmanian Devil style wake then! This should be a good ride.
    We did knotty’s on sat (hence i did the GPS for it) and it came out quite nice, plenty of space to make it longer as said above.
    With a decent group of mixed ability it’ll take a nice amount of time with breaks etc.
    Sharki… Im assuming we’re running a similar type of route with a few different bits added in?
    Im local… but i think you’ll all be able to ride everything up there!
    None of this fast group/slow group thank you, That left with the days of BIKEZONE!!!

Which bike shop are coming up mate?

sharki
    Free Member

Aye Charlie, a similar sort of loop with but i reakon an extra climb/descent in, but as we all know bigger group means a bigger chance of incident, if we’ve time and the legs we too can keep on cranking to bang in some more trails.

The only real difference between the groups will be ability as opposed to fitness.

The weather seems to be on the change during next week so trails should be getting dusty again.

Charlie, i may need you to lead up a group……the expected numbers look to exceed 30, so i’d like to keep the groups less then 15 each.

Ralphies will be sending the van up.
    With a selection of energy bars, tubes, waterproof socks!!! Pads,etc….so if anyone(usually me) has a left it to the last minute and forgot the vitals then it should be availiable from the shop..(legs and lungs not included).

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sharki

You never know they may even bring you a bucket and sponge to show you what they look like 🙂

And maybe just maybe a sample of oil for chain lubrication 😆

sharki
    Free Member

Oi, i like things durty and get most things naturally lubed without the use of a PRODUCT.

Andy, jobseekers ride this friday?????

saladdodger
    Free Member

ok you are on

charlierevell
    Free Member

Yup, no issues leading… done it maany a time before, just need some route refreshers! We’ll do that monday nite.
    Ill have the medium group then! haha

sharki
    Free Member

Until the morning i won’t decide on group sizes..
    Knottie know’s his route, we’ll sort you out if needed and i’ll errr go *points* that way errrrr…ish.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Yeah i’ve no issues with a route, just need to sus out the new bits and getting to a meeting point on time! (you know what my timing is like!)

knottie8
    Free Member

my route isnt set in stone in fact I have a cunning plan for changing it a tad.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Oooo you bugger!

sharki
    Free Member

Meeting time is 9am, that’s when the freebies are coming, ride time is 10am, that’s when the freebies are going, anytime inbetween is for turning up and getting kitted up to ride, that’s an hr’s faffage time…..

snaps
    Free Member

Only an hour?
    Some will struggle!
    Is it at CPG?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

” the roll down over the slab.”

Looked at that a few times but dismissed it as there’s usually a car parked close to the bottom and I imagine I’d ride straight into it!

Inicidentally, which is Stert Combe?

sharki
    Free Member

Stert is the top of somerton which is aslo known locally as the bracken run, but most people know it as the trail with the tree drop, thingy on it.

Yes snaps, CPG is confirmed as the meeting point.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Yup i know stert now!

aleigh
    Free Member

CPG?

sharki
    Free Member

CPG, Crowcombe park gate, i’ll mail you the details Aleigh as i will everyone who’s mailed me, anyone else will just have to RTFM

aleigh
    Free Member

Ok – looking forward to this bike ride, it’s going to be awesome 😉 😆

charlierevell
    Free Member

It will be aMaaaaaazing!

trailmonkey

Got uni duties on Saturday, is there going to be a Sunday ride too ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

looks a bit flat.

sharki
    Free Member

aleigh this is not a bike ride, it’s a fooking adventure…….;-)

TM, yarp me and mr hill will be riding on sunday, there maybe others joining uz.

It’ll be rad.

trailmonkey

8)

aleigh
    Free Member

I like adventures!

sharki
    Free Member

mrnutt, it is

and after it they’ll all lose their minds…

Dibbs
    Free Member

How about a Friday warm-up, night (or late afternoon) ride for the poor old chap who’s working all weekend 😥

knottie8
    Free Member

only joking Dibbs …..you about this weekend ?

sharki
    Free Member

I might be up for that Dibbs, a little pre ride warm up for these old tired legs.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’m on Nights this weekend 😥

cinnamon_girl

Southern Shandy Drinkers Roll Call

So … who’s coming? Anyone fancy holding my hand (feeling terrified)?

snaps
    Free Member

As much as I’d like to, me thinks your hand would be better put to use holding the bars!

MrNutt
    Free Member

can you hit that starting high on the right then drop across and rail it around that corner or does it just look like that in the picture?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Todays Qs STW group ride route test. (pics)’ is closed to new replies.