• This topic has 61 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Todays Moral Maze
  • Pippin
    Free Member

You aren’t getting charged for anything, so no biggie there.

The BIG issue is that your wife’s car reg. plate may have been cloned.

This could definitely do with some chasing up, just so you don’t get their parking tickets and speeding fines coming through the door!

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

A quick google suggest the company has a habbit of doing this

BigDummy
    Free Member

That is a remarkable letter. It is, as you say, just a bollocking.

Shack
    Free Member

A lot of places now are using ANPR cameras to monitor car park use. Dont know about Tesco but certainly Morrisons. The whole process is more or less automatic and will generate a warning letter or fine direct to the vehicles registered keeper. Normally done through a third party parking company. If so, they will have the images on file. I’d write and ask for the evidential proof of the offence. If they are using ANPR then its either your wife or someone has cloned your car. Up to you which one you worry about more.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If your good lady was really up to no good, would she actually show you a letter incriminating herself? No of course not!

G
    Free Member

It’s a standard number plate, using the letters and numbers W V AF Y 8 and 0, so I don’t really see why it would be a problem to read it, unless of course their equipment isn’t fit for purpose, I mean its standard MOT dimensions and font, so if they’ve got to read number plates in a car park, then their kit should be able to do it otherwise they are trading under false pretences surely.

Having taken breakneckspoeeds advice and googled the outfit in question I’m now spitting bullets as they do seem to have previous in this respect.

I’m now working on an appropriate letter. Will post for critique when done.

G
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    If your good lady was really up to no good, would she actually show you a letter incriminating herself? No of course not!

unless of course shes really good at poker and its a double bluff…..

She is and I wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her whilst playing cards….. 😯

hora
    Free Member

Question, this isnt a nice question. Is there a hotel next to the carpark in question?

Cooroo
    Free Member

WTF? Someone got the number wrong. She was at work. End of. Not much point going back to Tescos since as someone else said it’s all automatic anyway. No harm done.

epicyclo

My wife got fined by Morrisons once. I told her not to pay, but she was too intimidated.

However we got the hint – they don’t like customers, so we don’t go there any more.

bigyinn
    Free Member

G I realise your annoyed by this, but you aren’t being fined or anything so just bin it and shop elsewhere!

nickc

I’ve read this, and I can’t work out why this is a moral maze. G doesn’t think his missus is cheating on him, they’re not angling for any money. Just a quick letter to Tesco saying “Think again if I’m ever going to shop with you…” would seem to do it.

Have I missed anything?

tankslapper
    Free Member

A quick letter to Tesco saying ‘we know where you live too’ would be good. Why on earth should large multinationals be allowed access to data about where we live?

zokes
    Free Member

Why on earth should large multinationals be allowed access to data about where we live?

If you’ve a clubcard you’ve already told them, so I wouldn’t worry 😉

The ethics of the government selling our data without our say-so is quite another question however…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve read this, and I can’t work out why this is a moral maze

+1
    Ever since he said he didn’t have any doubt his missus was at work and not parked up in Tesco, it ceased to be a moral maze.

G
    Free Member

Soz for not responding, had a power cut at work so everythings been out.

Right, moral maze. Firstly, I’m pretty sure no one wakes up and suddenly thinks I reckon the old girls at it. However, I have to say it did go through my mind when I saw the letter and thought about it for a while. We do in fact have some friends whose relationship ended in similar style when a car was spotted somewhere it shouldn’t have been and it was innocently mentioned in passing.

So for me, I’ve just been put into a situation of wondering and doubting. I have a good relationship with my Mrs and we have discussed it and how we both feel about it openly. She understood my concerns, and I her explanation. But why the hell should I or anyone be put in that situation by some fly by night outfit like this? Check them out, google it and see what you find, doesn’t seem great to me.

So therefore the question for me is, do I leave it, so that they can then go and do it again to someone else, or do I kick up about it?

I already know the answer in my own mind, but I quite like to test the water and get a feel for an over reaction or excessively plactory response. Thats what this has been about.

So, Mrs G and I are pretty annoyed about it, simply becuase it did cause her to fret and me to doubt, so I am going to respond and pretty vigourously too.

hora
    Free Member

g, just to be sure.

You have questioned Fatsimon where he was on the day in question? 8)

G
    Free Member

Hora, fatsimon has two chances with my Mrs, none and less than that!

However, if you know a David Beckham look-a-likey, that could well be a cause for concern. She has simple tastes apparently…………….hang on! …. 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hora – Member
    g, just to be sure.

You have questioned Fatsimon where he was on the day in question?

^^tags^^

🙂

G
    Free Member

OK : Power went off yesterday so couldn't post. Anyway today we have the response letter

I am in receipt of your letter (copy attached) dated 23/6/09, accusing me of leaving my car in Tesco Car Park on 22/5/09 between 07:40 and 16:20.

I don’t believe this information is correct, as I work full time and having checked my diary I was at work from 8:00 am to 17:30 pm on that day.

However, what is more concerning about this, is that my husband has seen your letter and has become concerned that I am not being truthful with him. As a result of this he now wonders if I am having an affair and have used this car park as a rendezvous to meet someone while purporting to be at work.

I’m not, but I cannot fully convince him otherwise, as he believes that I left my vehicle in your car park as stated in the letter for the time stated. To be fair, I can understand his viewpoint, as we have had friends whose relationship has ended after a similar assignation was discovered. Whilst he is not leaving me and I think he wants to believe me, there is a distinct atmosphere between us as a result of this situation.

We have discussed it openly, and I have agreed to write to you to see if we can bottom this out, as there is NO WAY I was parked for the time that I am accused of in your letter. I may well have been in the car park in the morning, as I tend to do my weekly shop on the way to work, and its possible that I may have returned in the evening, but not before 17:30 when I finish work. Presumably there is a photographic record or something similar, so please can I ask you to review that and come back to me with the evidence so I can resolve the matter before my relationship collapses.

I hope you will appreciate the importance of this situation, and respond as quickly and positively as possible.

None of which is untrue. So what do you reckon?

nuke

Strange to me but if I got the letter and was convinced I hadn't been there, I'd be way more concerned my car reg had been cloned than my wife had been playing away. I'm sorry but if I read that response letter I'm afraid I would be chuckling as I would expect it to be a wind up.

However, given the Tesco letter was just a bollocking, I'd assume it was just a mistake and ignore it. The only bit in this thread which has surprised me is the ease at which private firms can obtain your address.

DrJ

Good letter if you want to give the Tesco folk a good laugh, but don't dream that they will be overcome with remorse. All seems a bit of a tempest in a tea-cup TBH. Their letter was pretty mild, no major threats. File and forget.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Todays Moral Maze’ is closed to new replies.