Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Today's Monkey Trail thread (not one for the doom mongers)
  • Houns

Just got back after my second ride on the new trail (first being the opening day)
    I wasn't looking forward to the condition of the trail after reading the doom mongers posting on here about how broken up it was getting.

I have to say it's fantastic, much better than the first day, bedding in nicely, rain must have helped over the last couple of days.

Yes in a few areas the edge of the trail is braking away, but nothing drastic, and we come to expect braking bumps now.

There is a nice line forming on most of it, the light rain shower as i was on the last section of ftd made it like ice – Brilliant!

As i said on my thread following my first ride on it – Fantastic work Chase Trails – Can't wait till next weekend to do it again

Potter
    Free Member

rode it early doors on sat and totally agree that the rain has helped the trail
    the bottom line is the people moaning about the state of the trail i am guessing have not given one minute or bead of sweat to the builing of what i think is a cracking trail and there the ones probably skidding round every corner and berm
    if they dont like it stay away…………… sweet more room for the rest of us :mrgreen:

chainslapp
    Free Member

I tried the Monkey Trail for the first time last night with my 13 year old son and thought it was really good. I haven't been to any of the other trail centres in a few years but it was very reminiscent in places of Coed_y_Brenin in the early days. I also think that some people will select the best bits and miss out some of the link sections though, as we used to do at Coed_y_Brenin some time ago. For me, living so close and having this in my back yard, is great and a really good way for my son to hone his skills now that FTD poses less of a technical challenge. If people want more, from what I have heard, there are other trail centres which will provide the challenge they seek.
    Finally, M8 trail was really good with nice jumps and excellent flow and a great finish to a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Well done and thank you to Chase Trail's. 😀

mickasaki
    Free Member

I went on sunday, and it was less busy than FTD in the middle of winter- result! I was well impressed with it to be honest and cant wait to go back in a couple of weeks, and its not exactly local to me! Surely it takes riding a trail to find the perfect line in order to put the trail in the right place, a natural evolution of a manmade trail, if that makes sense! Hats off to all involved, youve done great. It was deffinatly not what i was expecting to find this side of wales.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Agreed. I was there today and knew that parts were breaking up, so slowed at those points to avoid doing any damage.
    I tried it the day after it opened and loved it, but did it today on the 29'er rigid/SS and loved it even more.
    Only the fresh braking ruts gave me a little wrist ache
    The only downer today was more people riding without helemts and the C*ck on a carbon Scott Ransom, who moaned about people slowing him up on the trails and then that people who ride hardtails shouldn't be on the trails as they cause more damage. WTF. 🙄
    Still had a wry smile after he had to pull over to let me and my group past.
    We didn't make a point of chasing him, down honest :mrgreen:

The only moan I would have, is that if you can't clean a section ie Werewolfs tooth drop, please don't stand at the bottom of it blocking the run out. Ta

Top job chasetrails

trekcol
    Free Member

rode it Sat a.m. and loved it, great work and many thanks to all those who helped build it…..

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

It's a nice bit of trail and keeps the punters away from my local woods. Great work ,Chase Trails.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Went round the other day. Much better than what I expected after all the complaints of switchbacks, loose rocks….. I can't ride some of the switchbacks either, but I'm not complaining about them just cos my technique isn't good enough and yeah, there are braking bumps/ruts in the berms but I thought this was mountsin biking, not road riding 😉

I really enjoyed it, and its a step up from the original Follow the Dog.

rOcKeTdOg

it is soooo much better riding it the opposite way, just be ready to avoid the other riders!

😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Today's Monkey Trail thread (not one for the doom mongers)’ is closed to new replies.