Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Today's ipad problem.
  • zippykona

Had some funny business with our email.
    So changed password.
    On my android phone the email now works fine with new password.
    Putting the new password into apple devices it doesn’t flag up as the wrong password as it does if I intentionally put in the wrong password.
    Write an email, press send and it says that the password is wrong.
    What gives?

jimdubleyou

Turn it off & on again.

If that doesn’t work, delete the account & add it back.

GrahamS

Have a look under the account settings and, depending how you have it set up, you might see “Incoming Mail Server” and “Outgoing Mail Server”.

I’m guessing you haven’t changed the password on the outgoing mail server bit, so it can’t send mail?

scuttler

yahoo, gmail, corporate, other?

blader1611
    Free Member

Delete account and re add it, had the same and that fixed it.

zippykona

There doesn’t appear to be anywhere to change outgoing password. It just says password on the front page.
    It’s a corporate account through siteground.
    If I delete the account it says we will lose all the IMAP stuff. Is that serious?

GrahamS

There doesn’t appear to be anywhere to change outgoing password.

Do you have an “Outgoing Mail Server” bit saying “SMTP ” and then a server name?

If so then tap that, then tap the one that says Primary Server and you should see details including a password box.

(BUT you might not see any of that – depends what kind of mail account it is)

zilog6128

If that doesn’t work, delete the account & add it back.

This

bikebouy
    Free Member

I know you are haing a problem with a Corporate one but I had similar issues with Sky email through my ipad.

Turns out instead of adding it as “other email account” you have to run through Yahoo setup..

I’ve still got problems with it not recognising passwords though 🙄

bigblackshed

If it’s a TalkTalk or AOL email then it will do exactly as you describe every few days just because it feels like it. Power off and on should fix it.

zippykona

I took photos of all the settings so I would definitely fill the boxes in correctly.
    Deleted account and now it says that I’ve not filled the boxes in correctly.
    Someone at apple is a total ****.

Sandwich

Your corporate account is IMAP. This is all stored at the other end on a server not your iPad. Delete away and set it up again as the server will put it all back for you. If there is a lot of mail the iPad may be a tad unresponsive for a few hours.

CountZero

I took photos of all the settings so I would definitely fill the boxes in correctly.
    Deleted account and now it says that I’ve not filled the boxes in correctly.
    Someone at apple is a total ****.

Well, I have issues receiving gmail on my phone and pad, this is a known problem, and it doesn’t lie with Apple, and it’s quite possible that your problem isn’t necessarily Apple’s fault either.
    Btinternet Mail can be flakey, always has been, I thought when they separated from Yahoo things might improve, but I still keep getting problems where it insists my password is incorrect.
    And yes, I’ve deleted and reinstalled it, but it just happens again further down the line.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Today's ipad problem.’ is closed to new replies.