Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Todays Giro…to race or not to race
  • bokonon
    Free Member

So, was that unreasonable or not – my gut feeling is that it’s part of the game, the race was on, and the people fell and that’s that, very sad, hope they all get better, but that’s all part of the game.

It only seems that Arredondo and Purito were the ones that have lost any significant time, with many of the other GC contenders on reasonably tame time gaps.

brakes
    Free Member

I haven’t seen it, but I think it’s fair enough.
    shame though as I like Purito a lot more than I like Evans.
    hopefully it isn’t a tour-defining stage as it doesn’t deserve to be.

Lifer
    Free Member

The speed was already up, they were in full on race mode which is why the crashes happened in the first place IMO. Perfectly fair to carry on. It wasn’t like BMC attacked after the crash, they were just in a good position so Cuddles and a fair bit of help meant they could keep the pace up.

peteimpreza

The race was on so it has to count as a racing incident.

rOcKeTdOg

racing innit,horrendous crashes though, them Italian roads don’t like rain do they?

speckledbob
    Free Member

Yes the racing had just started at that point and at about 10km to go nobody is going to wait.

hopefully it isn’t a tour-defining stage as it doesn’t deserve to be

I agree but unfortunately Purito is almost 10 minutes down so cant see a podium place for him. Evans is in a great position and used his head today. Only the first week though.

them Italian roads don’t like rain do they

The first rider to go down today had loads of room around him so no need to panic brake but his back end just slid out wildly. Really greasy all week.

beej

Purito out, broken ribs and thumb.

Of course they were right to race, that’s what they are there for.

kennyp
    Free Member

Have just watched it and while the crash was horrible, I think it was the right thing to do to keep racing. Crap happens and it’s not the fault of the guys at the front.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Todays Giro…to race or not to race’ is closed to new replies.