Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • todays entertainment, 4×4 content
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Not my filming but have to say best (most in control) decent was done by an E class merc, did have chains on though.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgAV_PHnHwI[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

amusing that the freelander was trying to over take the beamer

i also liked the style of the 110 driver, brakes fully locked and going for it! 🙂

P20

Oh dear…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNin7QJEOZE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

*sniggers*

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I don’t get it- where do people need to go in their cars so urgently that it’s worth trying to drive on those roads?

Suggsey
    Free Member

That last one displays unbelievable stupidity 😯

sv

P20 very good!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

All I think when I watch P20’s video is why the hell would someone stand there watching someone struggle in a situation they are clearly not comfortable or experienced in and not only not offer any assistance at all but instead just ridicule them by filming it and posting it all over the net. Sad.

neilb67
    Free Member

Makes you wonder who would get out of their car while its in gear. At least she didnt film it herself, now that would be strange…. 😆

P20

I did wonder why the didn’t help. Still funny

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

It does show great stupidity by the driver but utter ignorance by the guy filming!
    Get out and lend a hand! She may be daft to be out in that, granted but she is and she’s struggling. Be a decent person and help out surely?
    Oh and it is slightly funny too 😀 (perhaps would have been funnier if it was CCTV so you didn’t know people were looking and laughing instead of helping?)

MrSalmon – Member
    I don’t get it- where do people need to go in their cars so urgently that it’s worth trying to drive on those roads?

Work?

Maybe they are self-employed?

Maybe they are short of general supplies?

Maybe most of the other roads were passable, but this one caught them out?

Typical STW answer – I’m sure someone will be along soon to query why every person in the entire UK can’t walk, ride a bike, or take the bus – everywhere.

scaredypants

Get out and lend a hand! She may be daft to be out in that, granted but she is and she’s struggling. Be a decent person and help out surely?

I’d help her park it up but wouldn’t want to be responsible for getting her back on the move

– that Cheltenham one, several 4×4 drivers seem to drive inappropriately fast, hey ?

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Dunno, skiing maybe?

And I’m glad they do, provide comedy gold such as the alfa driver I was following earlier who lost it and spun at about 5 mph.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Work?

Maybe they are self-employed?

Maybe they are short of general supplies?

Maybe most of the other roads were passable, but this one caught them out?

Typical STW answer – I’m sure someone will be along soon to query why every person in the entire UK can’t walk, ride a bike, or take the bus – everywhere.

Okay, I realise I’m making a lot of assumptions here, and I appreciate the situation some people are in, but that woman in P20’s post looks like she’s leaving her house. She could be self employed, but that shouldn’t override the fact that trying to drive down that road, in that car, with her skills, is just stupid. What’s a day’s self-employed income worth if you have to risk your car/other people’s car to get it?

If she’s not self employed, I very much doubt that her employers would insist that she drives in to work in those conditions.

It could be that she’s miles and miles away from a bus route/train station but most people in urban areas aren’t. People on here always bring up their Aunt who lives 25 miles from the bus stop and even then it only comes once a month, but for the vast majority of people that’s just not the case.

Sure, she might be going to see her elderly mother who’s just fallen in the snow etc etc etc.- there will always be people who really do have to try and travel.

On the other hand today I saw cars struggling up a hill to a roundabout. A couple of hundred metres further on is a retail park with a very full car park.

Likewise it’s hard to believe she’s not aware that it’s been snowing a lot lately, or that that particular road is snowed in and the others in the area aren’t.

Supplies? And there’s nowhere she could walk to for some bread and milk?

I think most people on the roads in this weather don’t need to be, at all.

mrmo
    Free Member

the thing with the cheltenham one, there were bollards at the top and bottom of hill, it was closed! i think the bus getting stuck yesterday was the point they shut it. You could get to the bottom of the hill by not turning right but rather go straight on and right a little further on, a flatter route. The only thing at bottom hill is waitrose

NZCol

Mate had a ranting phone call last night from a ‘friend’ who was tryign to fly back from LHR to NZ for Xmas.
    She was off on one about how unfair it was and how it was incredible that the planes couldn’t just take off blah blah

He pointed out that it’s called weather, its natural, theres nowt anyone can do about it and getting stressed and freaking out really don’t help anyone.

That went down well. I could hear her from London almost without the phone! Did however show how utterly unbased people get these days when they ‘don’t get their way’. Blame someone, it must be someones fault blah blah,

mrmo
    Free Member

Blame someone, it must be someones fault blah blah,

and thus god was created.

rOcKeTdOg
    jordie
    Free Member

why does everybody need bread and milk when its snowing?

lazybike
    Free Member

maybe we should teach car contol as part of the driving test, just a bit about traction, oversteer, understeer, not getting out while the engines running and the cars in gear…that sort of stuff.

P20

More

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0FjntOZV58&feature=player_embedded[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

P20 i just spat my coffee out laughing at that

br
    Free Member

We went out this morning and came back after dark – the main roads are still snow/ice covered and the country roads worse. One hilly country road we went on is actually a main bus route (Aylesbury to Buckingham), and nothing has been done.

So the council had all day today to clear Fri/Sat snow – and haven’t.

Tomorrow the early buses will get cancelled (severely delayed), and cars/vans/lorrys will struggle, and accidents will occur – all because someone can’t organise and do, their job. In fact lets blame this guy, since I live on his ‘patch’:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23906258-let-northerners-pick-fruit-says-senior-tory-council-man.do

To55er.

P20

More 1 series thinking:

Ha ha P20 – took me a minute to suss that one.

P20

A bit more obvious:

fruitbat

Perhaps 1 Series owners would be better off reverting to the items that inspired the design in the first place:

pixelmix
    Free Member

Some of these are brilliant P20. The scary thing is though, that these idiots are on the roads. That idiot in the Leon shouldn’t have bothered trying. If you can’t stand on the hill, you aren’t going to be able to drive up it.

In the first video, I can’t believe that none of the drivers seemed to take their foot of the brake and stick it in first and let the wheels match the movement. No evidence of any of them trying to slow themselves with the nice snow any the side either.

It’s amazing that most of the cars in the first clip were 4x4s. This supports my theory that some “soft roader” drivers don’t realise that just because they can’t get moving on snow and ice, they can’t defy the laws of physics to slow down any better.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s amazing that most of the cars in the first clip were 4x4s. This supports my theory that some “soft roader” drivers don’t realise that just because they can’t get moving on snow and ice, they can’t defy the laws of physics to slow down any better.

That landy was the fastest (totally locked up) of the lot. That was far from a soft roader.

You would think that it would be universal knowledge to leave the brakes alone on ice. I guess they’re all crap at trivial pursuits too.

luked2
    Free Member

Last time I came across a car driver struggling on an icy hill I gave him a push. Old fashioned I know, but he was very grateful. I realise now I should have videoed him in order to get a cheap laugh on the internet.

Although some of those videos are quite amusing I have to admit 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

Last time I came across a car driver struggling on an icy hill I gave him a push. Old fashioned I know, but he was very grateful. I realise now I should have videoed him in order to get a cheap laugh on the internet.

You are far too sensible.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Considering the first video in this thread, maybe the one series drivers have stuck chains on the front for better steering rather than drive?

mboy
    Free Member

The original video, just outside Waitrose, in Cheltenham… One of my mates has just posted a link to it on his facebook profile…

It was actually him in the Renault Clio, going down the hill, just before the suicide Land Rover Defender!

🙂

scotabroad

P20 that Seat vid is a classic, i laughed my socks of at that, what a ****.

thegreatape
    Free Member

A fella from BMW recently revelead that 80% of 1-series owners thought it was FWD (read in Autocar or equivalent).

jp-t853

A few years ago driving at night came down a steep hill to discover I was passed the point of no return with 300 yeards of straight down icy road. The car started to slip and I had a real bottom twitching moment.

Trying to control the car I stalled and found that the car could crawl down the hill with total control in the stalled state in second & first gears.

I learnt two lessons one last resort control method. I then had winter tyres a few days later.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Okay, I realise I’m making a lot of assumptions here

Yep I think you are. Anyone see me struggling to get anywhere in my car, getting caught out left right and centre, must have thought I was stupid two weeks ago in Harrogate. But, hey, I left home to go to my mother in law’s to drop off one child and on to the hospital to see my daughter who was ill with pneumonia.

Really easy to make incorrect assumptions.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Hey I try and help people out that get stuck rather than video them then laugh with all my cyber mates.

What is happening to everyone? It’s all gone so very wrong.

Karinofnine

I think the man who I towed out of the farm last night probably likes big old 4x4s quite a lot! He was going nowhere until I went out and offered to help.

Damn! I should have filmed him! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘todays entertainment, 4×4 content’ is closed to new replies.