Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Today my new GP advised that …
  • MoreCashThanDash

I should beef up my security as someone tried to get into their shed last week.

She has a Cervelo

Given that I am at least 10 lbs over a vaguely ideal climbing weight, I was being quite reasonable to be concerned by the potential weight gain that can be a side effect of some anti-depressants.

She also has a grotty winter bike with mudguards.

While exercise is good for anxiety and depression, I would probably be better waiting till tomorrow as the forecast was for the wind to drop. It felt quite dangerous yesterday out on her Cervelo.

I need to go back and see her in 3 weeks to review the meds, and she will try and remember to commute in on her Cervelo to make me jealous*

The universal language that is cycling!

*Except the dragons on reception can’t get me an appointment with this same GP for 4 weeks…. 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

Ace. Saw my GP today and he had a cycling mug on his desk – I didn’t think he was particularly a cyclist, though I know he has done other sports at a reasonable level. Wish I’d asked about the mug. He also understands about my mental need to do exercise.

mintimperial

Hehehe. I do like it when I meet someone in a normal day-to-day situation and they turn out to be a fellow weirdo cyclist too.

Good luck. Stick with it. Chances are you’ll feel pretty **** odd for a few days but it will settle down. It’ll also take a while to make things feel better, and don’t expect everything to be sunshine and lollipops – even once it’s working properly it just takes the edge off the worst. It’s like a safety net rather than a pair of wings. I’m sure the doc told you all that anyway. Well done.

dustytrails

So is Dr Cervelo fit? Worth waiting an extra week to ogle her Cervelo!!!

40mpg

I went to buy a kayak from a bloke last night. We talked about his pending Giant Propel Advanced purchase.

(Then he said he was a triathlete and it kinda tailed off there…)

kcal

As it happens my preferred GP at our local practice is a demon long distance (P-B-P) Audax freak, so understands exercise, mobility as part of well-being..

thepodge
    Free Member

I haven’t seen my GP today, she left before I got up and will be back a good few hours after I am. Some times I wonder if I married her or I married her job.

MoreCashThanDash

Does Drpodge have a Cervelo? 😳

thepodge
    Free Member

No, she has a GT and an Apollo, she’s not a GP partner

bikebouy
    Free Member

My Doc windsurfs.. so does his Son.. (who I taught)

docrobster
    Free Member

I have a STW calendar above my desk. The odd patient has passed comment.
    I don’t have a cervelo and I’m not fit.

docrobster
    Free Member

Are you in Sheffield podge? Wonder if I know your Mrs?

molgrips
    Free Member

Are you going back again for a cervelo smear test?

MoreCashThanDash

Are you going back again for a cervelo smear test?

Posted 6 minutes ago # Report-Post

*Reports post*

Eeeeew!

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a STW calendar above my desk. The odd patient has passed comment.

I bet it’s mainly the odd ones, yep.

MCTD – Your GP sounds great, follow her on Strava and comment on her rides with your medical queries.

MoreCashThanDash

That may be one way to jump the queue for mental health services…..

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The junior doctor that cleaned half the forest out of my knee asked me how Innerleithen compared to Glentress.

chakaping
    Free Member

That may be one way to jump the queue for mental health services…..

😆

thepodge
    Free Member

docrobster – Are you in Sheffield podge? Wonder if I know your Mrs?

I am, she isn’t, she doesn’t want to bump into her patents so works out of town.

legspin
    Free Member

Nice one, get her out on a Wednesday night and I might start joining you again 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I had a GP like that once – Conversations went a bit like ” Hi Doc, I’ve hurt my (insert: soft tissue/bone/joint/pride)” and she would say “Well the normal advice is to rest it, but you won’t do that. So just take it easy and build back up gradually”

Cervelo eh, bit exotic that..

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a Cervelo.

I am NOT MCTD’s Doc.

I haven’t had a smear test either.

MoreCashThanDash

legspin – she doesn’t do off road, apparently. Thought she might tempt you into getting your road bike out….

egb81
    Free Member

When I crashed in Squamish last year and wound up in hospital, every single doctor and nurse I spoke to was a mountain biker except one whose boyfriend was. It helps with your ego when you can swap tales of serious MTB war wounds.

My new NHS physio rides as well.

servo
    Free Member

About a year after I broke my arm I complained to my GP about it and he sent me to the local private hospital in Ashtead. Doctor there had a Wilier with Campag record etc in his office 8)

docrobster
    Free Member

I am, she isn’t, she doesn’t want to bump into her patents so works out of town.

Me too podge, a few miles up the A61

chakaping
    Free Member

About a year after I broke my arm I complained to my GP about it

You must be hard as nails.

I went to the doctor the same day I broke mine.

thepodge
    Free Member

1 minute past 8 and she’s still not home…

A61 is all sorts of wrong way for her.

docrobster
    Free Member

This is why we have a slow cooker. Kids would have starved otherwise

ratherbeintobago

That’s immensely sensible. Mrs RBIT and I both work for the hospital trust which serves the town we live in. Cue awkward moments in Tesco when someone vaguely recognises us, engages us in conversation and then the penny drops that we met them in the course of some significant life event…

docrobster
    Free Member

You’re never completely safe. I was once accosted by a patient on holiday in France, by the pool, wearing budgie smugglers. She seemed delighted to tell everyone poolside that I was her GP 🙄

DT78
    Free Member

Well my gp last week decided to start telling me about the link between erectile disjunction and saddle time. Given I have no issues with that sort of thing was in there for man flu and had mentioned I knew it was bad as I stopped training it was ally little odd!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Years back I went to the docs with a shoulder problem.The doctor I saw was a temporary one,looked like he liked a pie,younger than me,I was in my late 30’s told him my mountain biking was affecting things,THE FAT T**T told me to stop mountain biking as I was getting on a bit!

matt_outandabout

Meh.

My barber has a ControlTech open closed sign and Shimano clock. I have even exchanged bike parts for a new Barnet…. 8)

iainc

One of the fastest and daftest riders I ride with is an orthopaedic surgeon…perhaps should be reassuring ? 🙂

infidel
    Free Member

I’m a radiologist not a GP but I do have a Cervelo. Which I love. Lots!!!

speedstar

I’m a (hospital) doctor and I also have a cervelo! However I paid £900 for mine and it’s an RS which even though being 6 years old was a fundamental improvement on the (second-hand) Foil it replaced. Can recommend for non-doctors.

thepodge
    Free Member

docrobster – This is why we have a slow cooker. Kids would have starved otherwise

Ours gets fed at nursery.

She says she might know you but doesn’t think so.

martinhutch

One of the fastest and daftest riders I ride with is an orthopaedic surgeon…perhaps should be reassuring

Doubt it. I remember another consultant, might have been an orthopod, from my old town deciding that soloing and then falling from near the top of the local climbing wall would be a good idea. I think he was a customer of his own trust for some considerable time.

oldfart

My GP also MTBs , when I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis the consultant told me I should never ride off road again 🙁 Talked with GP he said he was just covering himself , carry on but be careful , even wrote a covering letter for insurance when I went to Whistler for the season ! That was 2010 and my bone density has been improving ever since 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Today my new GP advised that …’ is closed to new replies.