Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Today I rode to 11,350ft altitude.
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And it was bloody hard work but blinking flip was it worth it!

Untitled by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Crested Butte, Colorado, trail 401
    Started at about 9500ft and did a total of over 3000ft ascent in 14 miles. Oxygen is scarce up here. You get out of breath looking up a hill!
    I have more pics but can’t upload them until I get home, that was an iPhone panorama form 3/4’of the way up the climb.

matther01
    Free Member

Nice

metalheart
    Free Member

Told you sucking air there was hard!

Glad you enjoyed it and look forward to the other photos.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

#trailenvy 😉

tonyd

Lovely! I’ve been up to about 10,000ft not far from you – rode up one of the canyons out of Boulder up to Ward. That was tough going.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I’m not jealous, no…really….

….git!

andypaul99
    Free Member

Nice one, out of interest what temprature was it up there? Im suprised at how much vegitation for that altitude

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Surely your supposed to get a lift up and ride down, this riding up a hill you speak of is just not the done thing on ‘mountain bikes’

29erKeith
    Free Member

Nice pic, I ran my PW marathon at 13,000ft still one of my favourites despite the slowest time, hills are really hard work when oxygen is scarce

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nice one, out of interest what temprature was it up there? Im suprised at how much vegitation for that altitude

Cool early on but it heats up fast. 24-28 Celsius I think.
    Riding down through the meadows of flowers and the copses of trees was a stunning experience.
    We’re staying lower today nothing above 9500ft 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Today I rode to 11,350ft altitude.’ is closed to new replies.