Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Today I have been mostly building a 2004 spesh enduro expert.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I was mooching around in the garage yesterday and picked up my pretty much immaculate 2004 enduro frame. I rode it for two summers and thats about it. Frame and shock have never seen a winter mud and grinding paste.

I have taken bits from this, BB, headset, brakes ect…

And put them on this…

To create this… 😀

Still got plenty to do and there are a few bits in the post but so far so good. When this build is finished I will have to start on another hardtail. 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Very nice. I’ve got one of the ’04 S-Works ones and it’s still great.

AlasdairMc

I’ve got an 04 Expert myself, lovely bikes. It doesn’t get ridden anywhere near as much as it used to, although this is down to me getting a hardtail as opposed to there being anything wrong with it.

kaesae
    Free Member

Classic frames, I’m going to build one up a loaner as soon as I get some extra cash!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think they are the most fantastic looking FS frames ever designed.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

They’re cracking frames. I had one for around six months, before going back to a hardtail.

Bregante

Lovely that

raccoon
    Free Member

Still an excellent frame even compared to the latest and greatest tbh.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

All finished but now off work and the bike with a knackered back. Oh well best things come to those who wait. I took it for a blast a couple of nights ago and it is soooo smooth. Can’t wait to give it some shite. 😀

clubber
    Free Member

I had one for a while – sold it because it didn’t really suit my riding but it was brilliant for the right kind of stuff. I replaced the standard shock with a longer (by approx 10mm) 200x50mm one which IMO massively improved it – just raised the BB enough to avoid all the pedal strikes without making it too steep at the front.

They did have a bit of a rep for cracking (seatstay IIRC) though (so I LOL’d at the ‘cracking’ comment above 🙂 ) though mine was fine and AFAIK, Quirrel who bought it hasn’t had any problems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Today I have been mostly building a 2004 spesh enduro expert.’ is closed to new replies.